Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Deejay, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deejay

Deejay New Member

I am so tired of being told that I'm a strong person and deserve better than the person I have loved for so very long. I am tired of being told that everything will get better and God has great things in store for me. I have joined this site because I hope that maybe someone will give me even just one reason to go on. I don't see any reason myself.

2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hi and welcome x

3. Deejay

Deejay New Member

Hi Emily 83,
    Please tell me about yourself. I so need to talk to someone today.

4. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

hello deejay, welcome to the forums

we'd like to learn/hear about you too

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Deejay, welcome to SF. I don't think you'll hear the usual cliches here, because people understand what you're going through, or are at least able to sympathize. Hope being here will be helpful to you.

6. iwanttohelp

iwanttohelp Well-Known Member

Hi Deejay. Right, feeling better will only come on your own time and in your own unique way. Your feelings are your feelings and they will not change until you are able to process your own pain. There is absolutely no timetable for that.

People who are not mental health professionals including friends and family can usually not be trusted for support. They only have their own self-fish need to decrease their own burdens. Its just how it is, everybody is dealing with some level of suffering. Its much better for me to just smile and be polite and act happy around friends and family, its just how it is. I save sharing real pain only with people I know can handle it and will listen.

Here is a reason to go on. I believe that if you dig deep and really look at the pain and hurt you feel, and you fully express it through writing, crying and talking with people you can trust... eventually, with time, you can find relief. It has been a 30 year journey for me since I wanted to kill myself at 17. So I can tell you first hand that change happens over many years of consistent effort and learning to manage your mental health. Also, your life is precious and rare. You may not feel that way right now, but there is no doubt that it is true.

So I completely agree with you that one time positive talk from a family member about God's plan is definitely not the solution. However, for me, learning several dozen daily coping skills, reading and experimenting with hundreds of self help books and making faith a daily real practice in my life, has helped me to have moments of joy and peace throughout my day. But even after 30 years, I still encounter the pain, frustrations and mistakes of being human on a daily basis. I wish you the best and please never give up.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
  7. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hi,

first off- sorry about the late response (i note this was posted yesterday)

but, i'm from england, enjoy music and movies, talking online, and shopping- and food, (especially chocolate lol)

i live with my family and pets- i've got 1 rabbit, and i've got a dog

tell me something about you if you like- and if you have anymore questions PM me

8. Deejay

Deejay New Member

I keep trying to write my story and thank everyone but this site keeps denying me

9. Witty_Sarcasm

The site is set so that it logs you out every 15 minutes...could that be the problem? I'm not sure but I thought maybe that could be one probable cause.

10. Deejay

Deejay New Member

Thanks. That might be the problem. Must have to type fast and some days I'm just not up to that.

11. Witty_Sarcasm

That's okay, I feel like that sometimes too. Maybe you can write your post on a word document, and then copy it, and then paste it to the site when you're done. Then you can type as much and as long as you want and don't have to worry about losing the text.

12. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

you can select the option to remember your info when you log in ... that will stop it from doing that... NYJmpMaster told me that once, and since I've done that, I've not had that issue, used to drive me crazy tho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.