Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by J245J, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J245J

J245J New Member

I'm not sure what to say, I joined with the hopes of eventually talking to someone who understands how I am feeling right now. I have tried talking to people, but usually they just don't care or they share what I tell them (and even mock me sometimes) despite me asking that the conversation remain private. I am out of people to talk to, everyone else has left me feeling worse and/or disrespected. I wanted to leave an introduction, but I will probably just lurk the forum until I feel comfortable enough to actually share my problems.

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi. Lots of people who come here are not treated well at all irl. Disbelieved, disrespected, disregarded, shamed. abused, ignored etc. People here know how that feels. But people here do not treat each other that way. I am sorry you have been treated poorly irl by people. So I am glad you found us.

It is perfectly okay to "lurk" until you feel okay about talking. No rush. some jump in right away. Others take months to write. While some just read and do not write at all. Totally up to you.

I do want to point out that there is a diary area of the forums and also a private diary area of the forums. And the setup is that no one responds to it. Its just to have a safe way to say what you are feeling with no threat of unwanted or hurtful responses. Management here is unusually kind. I am glad you are here.

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi J and welcome..look around the site at your own speed.. Where needed we ca keep secrets here..when and if you want to talk more we will be here!!! TC, Jim

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome :)

5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Welcome J245J. I will look forward to getting to know you when you are ready.

6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome J. People will support you on this forum and take care.

7. RogueLoki

RogueLoki Member

Welcome, I understand.

8. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

hi j245j welcome to sf

9. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Hey there, welcome to the forum. Lurk until you feel comfortable and see how the flow goes; when you're ready to jump in, I think you'll find everyone to be receptive and welcoming. I can understand that having people treat your problems casually in real life would prevent you from wanting to share here. Please know that you are not alone, and when you're ready, you have support and listeners here. Hang in there for now. :hug:

10. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Hello and Welcome to the Forum! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.