Hello :)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by PinkiePieInTheSky, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PinkiePieInTheSky

PinkiePieInTheSky Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm PinkiePie, and I have suicidal thoughts.

I've been dealing with some depression type feelings for either a few years, or my whole life.
    Lately, I've been feeling bad. "Help!" by the Beatles is now one of my favorite songs. It's kind of my new motto, as I really want to get help now rather than going at it alone like I've been doing.

I'm a college student, and dealing with the whole "Either I'll fail college, or I'll fail life afterwards," "I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life," etc.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, PinkiePieInTheSky! Welcome to SF! We have lots of members of all ages and backgrounds, so you're likely to meet some people here who can relate to your feelings and situation.

You are in college, so you are intelligent, obviously. Generally, we have as much chance of passing as of failing - if we put some effort into it. College is also a time to have some fun and to become involved in things on campus - clubs, sports, interest groups, student government, student newspapers, theatre, music, etc.

I went through college without a clear idea of where I would end up. I had a great career as an editor, then moved into administrative work, and then into volunteering with community services. College is a time to grow and try things out. If we find what we love early on, that's great. If we don't, we still a lifetime to keep looking after college.

A very wise person told me 17 years ago that the graduate from college and work for the same company for 40 years was long gone. We'd all likely change careers two or even three times before we were done working. I think he was right.

Maybe just do your best to learn all you can in your current program. You will likely have many opportunities to expand your knowledge, interests, and skills beyond the point where college leaves off.

Good luck, and again, welcome to SF!
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi welcome you to SF If you can use the councilor at your school ok they will help you find the direction you want to go in and also help you when you feel really low hugs to you
  4. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

hi pinkypie, I know college is tough but I wish I stuck with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.