Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Renee82, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renee82

Renee82 New Member

I am not in crisis but I have struggled this past year more than ever with feeling I have no purpose or reason. I am afraid to tell my therapist or psychiatrist when I am having intense thoughts of harming myself so when in the moment I am on my own and this adds to my depression. When I talk about it (usually a week or so later) I downgrade how I felt because I'm afraid of being put in the hospital. I guess I'm here to have somewhere to feel safe to let my feelings out when I am feeling unsafe so it doesn't build up. The weekends are the hardest for me.

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Welcome to SF Renee

You'll find loads of support on here

tc

:freehug:

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Glad you found us Renee - lots of people here understand how you are feeling. Talking about it may help, and if nothing else then when having a hard time on weekends come for the company. Feel free to stop in chat and talk to us there as well :)

- Ben

4. PinkiePieInTheSky

PinkiePieInTheSky Well-Known Member

I'm fairly sure that your counselor won't put you in the hospital just for having those thoughts; they'd only do that if they saw an immediate danger. Now, they would likely work to make sure you have a way to cope/lifeline for when you do have those feelings.

You could try writing down your thoughts of suicide on paper without pulling any punches, and then you can let your counselor read your thoughts, so you don't soften your feelings.

But regardless, welcome to SF :). I hope your time here helps :)

5. Renee82

Renee82 New Member

Thank you :)

6. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

hi renee82 welcome:welcome:

7. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Hi Renee, and welcome to the forum. I'm so glad you found this site and hope you feel comfortable here. Hey, we're all in the same boat, we might as well all help each other! :)

I can understand your hesitation to tell your doctors about feeling like self-harming. I know other people, myself included, that are afraid of the psychiatrist immediately throwing them into a 5150 (in CA, a 48 - 72 hour psychiatric hold). How long have you been with your doctors? When I found one that I really liked, I was able to trust him enough to share those feelings with him and know that I was going to go home at the end of the session. It can help to let them know you're feeling that way for several reasons. It will make sure you're safe. If you're on medication, you may need a dosage tweak or a different drug. They will have a more complete picture of how you're feeling. Etc, etc.

In any case this is a safe place, and I hope you feel comfortable sharing here so they don't all build up. Message me any time - weekends are hard for me, too. Hang in there. :hug:

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Renee, welcome to the site :) I just wanna say even if you were put into hospital, it really is not that bad. It may also help you to have a rest and think things through rationally. Good luck to you :hug:

9. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Hello and Welcome to the Forum! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.