Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by eddie71, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie71

eddie71 Member

My name is Eddie, I am from the UK. Been suffering with servere depression for most of my life. It's particularly acute at the momement as I going through a disciplinary at work. I made some stupid mistakes, largely through not concerntrating and thinking things through and am in trouble. So am in danger of losing a job I spent years training for. Its depressing and stressful.

I am just tired of being around (seemingly) happy people all the time with thier perfect lives. So just came here to meet some people who understand.

2. Liquid Jello

Liquid Jello Well-Known Member

hi Eddie:

welcome to this site. I'm pretty new here myself, but have found it to be a good place for support and understanding. people "get it" in terms of what it can be like to deal with major depression and all. it's a tough road at times for sure.

sorry to hear about the job situation. that's gotta be super stressful. hope it all works out alright.

have a good rest of the day, Eddie.

take care,

Chuck

3. lonel

lonel Account Closed

hi eddie - welcome

4. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

Hi Eddie and welcome to SF. Hopefully you will find some support and comfort here, it is a good site. The job situation sounds very depressing and stressful. I am currently unemployed myself. I hope it is not as bad as you think and that it may be worked out. Keep posting and reaching out here and you may find some useful help and support.
    Wishing things were better for you.

5. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

hi and welcome.
    what support have you got?

6. eddie71

eddie71 Member

Work send me to see a counseller who is doing CBT with me. He feels I have insight. Family are quite supportive so thats ok. I am finding work difficult with this hanging over me, though I guess its a positive I havent been suspended. Truth is I dont really know which way it will go.

7. eddie71

eddie71 Member

Thanks guys for all your welcomes, I means a lot it really does.

8. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

stick with these sessions. how many have you done so far?
    anything at all benefit yet?
    also stick with them 'cause might lessen the bad effect of disciplinary result?

9. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Hey Eddie, welcome to the forum. I think you'll find some understanding here, and hopefully some support and comfort. I can imagine it's extremely stressful to be going through all that at work; I'm sending you good thoughts hoping everything works out for the best. I also hope that after your disciplinary things are done that life eases up a bit for you. Hang in there, it was a strong thing to seek out a forum for help. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.