Discussion in 'Welcome' started by lyndseyletitia, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello
    I don't really know what to say here
    My names Lyndsey, I'm 23 years old, I've been dealing with depression and self harm issues since I was 14, when I was 16 I planned and tried to take my life by starving myself for a week, then taking 6 dozen tablets and a small bottle of whiskey. Stupidly (or thankfully - I'm still not sure which) I did it in a small park and was found by a dog walker and taken to hospital. I had a few years of personal counselling and CBT sessions but back then, because the cat was out of the bag and my parents realised I was hurting, a massive weight was lifted from my shoulders and it sort of cured me, so the counselling wasn't really relevant. I carried on cutting as more of a habit/addiction as opposed to it being a solution for anything, but am proud to say I was a year clean on January 3rd this year and am still going.
    Within the last few months though I come down every few weeks with this almost crippling sadness, where for a few hours/days nothing seems worthwhile and I just cry and cry for hours. It's usually triggered by something so small and stupid like a comment that will wind me up but I can't process it and laugh it off, it sits on my mind and I can't focus on anything else until I exhaust myself out. My boyfriend of 2 years has just broken up with me because he can't handle my mood swings anymore, and now I'm at a complete loss. He was the main reason that made me want to change and be better, he made me see the good in life, and now I feel as lost as I did at 16. I came here looking and hoping for release, and maybe some coping strategies to help deal with my moods.
    I'm sorry for the massive intro, I just wanted to get it all out there.
    I look forward to speaking and getting to know some of you, thank you for taking the time to read this x
  2. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

Welcome here. I hope you find it useful.

There is a Self Harm forum here you may be interested in. Click on the "Forum" tab near the V Bulletin logo on top of main screen. Scroll down to Emotional Support, it is in that group threads.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun i am sorry your mood swings are not controlled Have you talked to you doctor got your meds changed a bit or maybe therapy can help more now teach you how to deal with the highs and lows better. I hope you can talk to someone soon ok Reach out for some support in your community re groups if there are any it will help you to know you are not alone ok I am sorry also your bf left hun but in time when you get more stable you will find another one that will stay with you in the low times as well as the good times h ugs
  4. Thank you Hatshepsut for the suggestion and for taking the time to read my message. I will have a look into that forum now. I appreciate it x
  5. Hi total eclipse, thank you for commenting and reading my message. I've never been on any meds, I've always avoided them for fear of making my moods worse, although the longer this goes on into my twenties the more I wonder if they'll help. Have you had any experience with them?
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome, I am truly sorry to hear what you have been through, hopefully we can provide you with the support you need, best of luck hun xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.