Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Cecilie, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cecilie

Cecilie Member

Hello everybody :)
    Im a 23 years old girl who suffers with depression, and selfharm from time to time. I use to have bulimia, but im recovered from that. Im a nurse and work in a instituion for old people with with dementia. I work nightshifts.
    Over the last year, and specially the last three months I have got more mentally sick and just hoping I could get some inspiration, or a little help in this forum.
    Im from Norway, so my writing is not that good.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to SF Cecilie. Sorry to hear that you've not been feeling so good recently and I hope you are able to find the support you need here. I am also 23 and a nurse who also works with the elderly so we have something in common there :)

3. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Hi, welcome to the forum I hope you find the support and help you need here. Plus your writing is better than mine so don't worry!

Take care

Rich

4. Cecilie

Cecilie Member

Thanks :) its really Nice to write with people from all over the world, :)

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Cecilie have you considered changing your shift from nights to days or evenings . I was told that depression creeps in when one does not have proper sleep pattern
    and i know nights can make one very tired Nice to meet you

6. Cecilie

Cecilie Member

Hi :) i do acually have more energy in the evening and not really tired at nigth. Im sleeping like 4-5 hours after a shift and its okay. But sure, i do think if i had work at daytime I would have been in a better mood. Its just that im no morningperson at all :p its not a problem to switch to day. I know they need nurses a lot of places. Maybe I could give it a try :)

7. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

Hi Cecilie, I'm from Norway too. Hope to see you in chat :)

8. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hi and welcome.

i replied to another 1 of your threads all ready:)

emily

9. Cecilie

Cecilie Member

Thank you Emily :)

Og så hyggelig å høre Øyvind ;) Nice to have have someone from the same country! Im gonna show up in the chat :)

10. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Cecile - welcome to SF and am glad to see you are finding the support and encouragement that is here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.