Hello!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Joshua and I'm almost 21 years old and I'm new here because I've been suicidal for the last few months. The main reasons that triggered this is because I'm very lonely and depressed without a girlfriend and I'm worried if i'll ever get one. Yep... That's pretty much the reason why I've been feeling like this. I've had some therapy and some family knows about this but I just don't know what to do.

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi joshua, I have approved your post and welcome, an admin will approve your account when online. I would seriously recommend that you change your username as it seems to be a real first and last name.

Hello Josh,

Welcome to the forum, my name is Kayleigh :)
I hope you find this site very useful. It sounds like you've been through a lot! Feel free to Visitor message or Private message me any time.
Take Care

Hi Joshua:

I'm now 62, and interestingly enough, what "worries" me about you is not that you will "never" find a lover, but that you will accept far less than what you deserve.

I felt like you when I was 19. What made it worse was that I traveled playing music for a living at the time with men who were older and "successful" at finding girls.

I am introverted and not very talkative. It wasn't "in me" to strike up conversations with people I didn't know, even if they were male. Particularly not if female.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, there she was, sitting at the bar, looking at me. Radiantly beautiful, sophisticated, jeweled, wearing a brown pant suit with an elliptical cutout just where her magnificent cleavage was. (43 years ago but indelibly burned into my mind's eye). It took me 2 hours to gather enough nerve to speak to her.

She offered to take me to my room. Saying yes was my first mistake. Due to my very low self-image, an entire procession of mistakes followed the first.

This woman not only had "red flags", she had gigantic flashing neon signs. She was 24 years old, and divorced twice. She had a 3 year-old daughter and stated that she didn't actually know who her father was.

There she was, an experienced woman-of-the-world and there was I, a little church boy who was 19 and still a virgin. Not exactly a great formula for success.

She went off birth control and never told me. A baby son resulted. And I tried for the next 11 years to make a family with her, accepting her prior daughter as my own (and, still do, even though she is now 46, she has never known another "daddy") - but, pal, I
want to tell you, it was pure hell.

Hi josh just want to say there is someone out there for everyone just be sure when u find that person who treats u right u dont do as i did and throw it all away .my recent actions may end a 16 year relationship and im terrified of being alone so i can understand how u r feeling without my partner i feel i have no one nothing to live for .no one to talk to thats why im here hope u get over how your feeling as i hope i do myself hang in there my friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00