Discussion in 'Welcome' started by echo, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo

echo Member

I think I might be a suicidal psychopath ...

figured I might as well get booted off the suicide forum ...
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I hope you instead find us a place where you can talk and share some issues to get support and advice or give the same to others. We have a lot of experiences as a collective group and you might be surprised how much better you feel when you engage with people that can understand suicidal thoughts.... Welcome to SF and I hope it helps you being here.
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi echo have you been to a professional for help. No one wants to harm you we are here to support each other ok help each other get over those feelings of leaving
    Keep posting ok talk to us here or in chat help to feel not so alone
  5. echo

echo Member

Professionals ? no -- i don't believe there is any meaning in the science of the mind -- nor do i gamble on people, but thank you for your kind words
  6. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

total eclipse always means to help and has words of wisdom. it is not science. it is logic which we lose when we come here as lost and for help imo

p.s welcome.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well...if you think you are a suicidal psychopath a professional is the best place to go to. They are the only ones who can diagnose and set the right support in place for you. You have nothing to lose by trying it.....we're also here to listen.
  8. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I would strongly advise against ruling out any form of support. As far as I can tell, even if there are knockbacks along the way (ie, possible med side effects or issues talking to various therapists), the best bet is to keep trying. As Petal said, there's nothing that can be lost from at least trying, and without trying how will you ever know that it would or wouldn't work?

One other thing - should you do seek professional help, and have a talking therapist - be as honest as you can with them about everything. The more you leave out, the more risk you take of them misdiagnosing you and therefore giving "incomplete" support. People have been known to complain about their T's before, when it's transpired that they've omitted things, which could be, in an example, the difference between just depression or bi-polar disorder (the difference being just low vs extreme highs/lows).

So many people knock talking support because they feel "whats the point" - but one of the sayings I've known for a long time is always worth a thought on. "A problem shared is a problem halved". Chances are, 1 burdened with 1's problems is a 100% burden. But sharing with 1 person, 2 take that load and share it between them (on that phrasing, 50/50).

And the idea behind them, is to encourage us to think for ourselves about how we can look after ourselves better. I had one for about 8 months. And even at my lowest, I was brutally honest. Must say it was the best decision I made for myself. Now I'm not under the talking therapist, but I find it's been useful in me not being as low, as much. And most of my frustrations these days are about work (which is pretty common, but not something I need to overly "worry" about from day to day).

By the way. Hi and welcome.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.