Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Handyandy, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handyandy

Handyandy New Member

Hello , i have decided to join this forum because i really need someone to talk to before things get too bad as they already nearly have. I feel silly asking for help as i was brought up not to talk about feelings and am worried i will be told to just shut up and et on with it, that is how it was whaen i was young. Hoping to meet some good people on here too as friends seem a bit thin on the ground these days.Peace.
  2. FMyLife

FMyLife Chat Buddy

Welcome to the forum. Not only wil you find that most everyone in the site will be supportive with any post you make, you will find a lot of support in our chat room Feel free to check everything out and take comfort with the fact that everyone is here for you. Welcome to the forum bud. :)
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi lots of caring people here so no need to worry ok
  4. stapleremover

stapleremover Chat Buddy

Hey, Handyandy. I responded to your other thread but I just want to emphasize how important it is to get help for your depression. I know it might feel silly to talk about it at first but depression can be easily treated. I did not mention in my other response to you that my own depression led to several suicide attempts (which fortunately failed) as well as many, many other problems dealing with life. Depression has affected my relationships, my income, and my physical health. It's not something to take lightly, so please seek out help as well as other people who understand what you're going through.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.