Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by anon1313, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anon1313

anon1313 New Member

Hey there,

well if I didn't think about killing myself already, signing up for this website would have done a really good job of pushing me into that direction. After painfully setting up a trash mail account (obviously when you are depressed every simple task seems insurmountable to you) to sign up I wanted to join the chat room because I felt, well you know, pretty fucking horrible and needed some advice asap. But noo, you have to download the java plugin first, and install that, and restart your browser and then it still won't work. Now I'm writing this post so anyone who has to read this pathetic rant can feel a tiny bit worse because, hey misery loves company.

I thought about using the angry smiley icon for my post but that would go too far imo. I mean I'm still a human being. So this is my introduction I guess, a sad, lonely pathetically frustrated individual.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi anon and welcome...I don't know how java works really but I do know it has a lot of bugs. This laptop I am using right now I cannot enter the chat room either. I do not know how to fix the problem and when I tried fixing I made the laptop worse but anyway......you can talk to us here on the forums.

You're sad and you are lonely, I bet you can make some friends here, we're a friendly bunch even though the java does not seem to be user friendly.

Post in the forums, talk about your problems that led to you joining here and the great folks of this site will help you as much as they can.

Kind regards,Petal.

3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hey Back Anon, I know that feeling when being depressed and trying to do something. I still have that problem, I can't today get in the chat-room. I "don't" have to read this, well because I just came in here for help. I posted my first plea for help on a different thread that someone else had started and really didn't know where I had gone wrong......

I welcome you to the SF

I am not here to make you familiar with my issues, there are to many of them. I thought about using the DUH! Icon BTW.
    I am a Lonely,sad frustrated individual and quite possibly Pathetically so. I leave that to others to judge.
    I don't think your "RANT" is pathetic nor are you IMO, I Feel and Believe that you are were and are stressed horribly, that you do indeed need some advice. I believe that you can get some, if not all the assistance you need and want here. They are committed, concerned, individuals that will work to/and for your benefit. I don't believe anyone in here will judge you in any way. All you have to do is ask for help someone will respond ready and willing to help in any they are able. I do wish you the best, I feel that you may be surprised at their response.

4. anon1313

anon1313 New Member

Thank you for the kind welcome, I really mean it! I was in a terrible state of mind when I wrote the op, it was in the middle of the night. I feel a bit better right now.

The chat works now, I guess I just had to wait for authorisation I guess. Thank you for being patient here, I tend to push people away. I'm trying to work on that.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

The chat was a source of my frustration when I first joined. Glad chat works now for you, welcome aboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.