Discussion in 'Welcome' started by JDR, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDR

JDR New Member

I joined here today because today has been one of the lowest days I can remember. I am 40 and I have been dealing with bouts of depression for 25 years now. They come and go but I have been very down for the last several months. This last week has been the worst though. I am deeply in debt and continue to fall behind in payments. I am married and have two children. They are the only reason I keep going. I hate the pain that I am in personally, but harming myself would be devastating for my kids. I can't leave them but I hate going on. Thanks for listening
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to the forums, I am glad you joined here for support. We all support each other and we're a friendly bunch...I'm sorry you have been suffering for as long as I have been alive.
  3. JDR

JDR New Member

Thanks, I hope in time and on days when I am having a good day that I can encourage someone else. I read someplace that making a difference is an important reason for going on. As I stated, I'm here for my kids and they keep me going but some days you need extra. Someone telling you that you matter and people will miss you if you are gone does make a difference.
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. You are important and you will find support here from others. You need to deal with one day at a time. As each day goes by, you will either up or down but the important thing is that you are ALIVE. All of us suffer, so remember you are not alone. Many people suffer in silence but still keep a smile on the outside. So, please continue to live your life but remember we are here for you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
  5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Welcome, hope this forum helps.
  6. Bart

Bart Banned Member

Welcome. I, like you, have two children and they are my raison d'etre. As I tell myself, when you have young children, ending it all is not an option.

It's still hard living day-to-day, but coming here to SF helps tremendously.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.