Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jp1985, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jp1985

Jp1985 Member

Hi everyone

I recently found this forum. After all the problems I have had during the last few years, I feel like I'm in a very dark place in my mind. I should probably talk to people who could understand and make my family and friends worry even more. I hope I have come to the right place.

Despite all that, I try my best to keep a positive outlook on life and not give up. I have been told I'm a good listener, so I'm always there for anyone that needs me and try to help as much as I can.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome, I am glad you joined as there's lots of support to be found here, glad to hear you are willing to help others out too. There's a great bunch of folks here :)
  3. Jp1985

Jp1985 Member

Thanks! I took a quick look on some of the topics here, it seems like there really are very nice people in here. If anyone ever needs a loyal friend or just feel the need to talk about their problems, do not hesitate to send me a PM. I am a very friendly, open minded and non judgemental person. I suffer from a very severe chronic pain condition, I feel like it's slowly destroying everything good that I have in my life. It's like a black hole inside of me that's eating me up, piece by piece. You don't get a day off or holidays, it's just pure unbearable pain 24/7.

I'm lucky enough to have lots of very good friends that would do anything for me, I of course would do anything for them too. I certainly would not made it this far without them, but I have hard time seeing them worry about me so much. I'm used to being the one who helps others, sometimes I have hard time accepting any help myself. The hardest part is telling everyone I'm fine and I'm doing better. When infact I have difficulties to making it even to the next day and dealing with the despair, knowing that the situation is going to be the same tomorrow and the day after that.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hello jp and welcome to SF. Really nice of you to offer your support, and we are here to support you too when you need it :)
  5. Petal

You're very generous offering to help here, it can be therapeutic for you too at least I find it therapeutic :) Glad you had a look around and like what you say. You are very lucky to have the friends you have, welcome and merry christmas :)
  6. Jp1985

Jp1985 Member

I agree, it certainly is therapeutic and takes my mind of from my own life for a moment. One of the few things I am actually proud about myself, is that I've managed to help more than a few people during my life and put their lives back on track. When I was younger, I thought I was dedicating myself just to fill a blank space inside of me and make me feel better about myself. Later on I realized that it's just in my nature. The willingness to help overpowers every other feeling I might have, even hatred. Merry christmas to you too :)
  7. Petal

Wow we sound very alike. Helping others helps me. Making others happy makes me happy. :) It's very nice to have met you and I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Kind regards
  8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Welcome aboard
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.