Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Lorne, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorne

Lorne New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum and joined because a month ago I tried to kill myself with an OD. A friend gave me CPR and revived me so here I am.
    I'm a 31 year old female living in The States. I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and panic disorder. I have been suicidal since childhood. I can no longer afford to see a doctor since losing my job so I am not on any kind of medication right now. At this point I probably qualify for Medicaid but I'm scared to go to a doctor in case they commit me.
    All I know is that I don't want another 31 years of feeling like this.
    Thanks for listening.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Lorne don't be afraid to reach out for help ok. Even if you do go to hospital for awhile you will get support there you need to start feeling better they will help you get set up with medicaid You can do this ok do it for YOU You do deserve to feel better
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Lorne, I think you should find out if you qualify for medicaid and make some small steps to improve your life, you do not have to tell the doctor you are suicidal if you are not comfortable with that, just say you are low depressed or how ever you are feeling. I don't think they will commit you. You deserve to be helped and not suffer in silence so go ahead and do it :)
  4. Bert29

Bert29 Account Closed

Hello Lorne. Welcome. I'm new here too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.