hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by chris_h, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris_h

chris_h New Member

it feels embarrassing to open up to anyone about this so here goes, it feels like im in a rut i cant get out of and this life wasnt meant to be in the first place. its hard to put my thoughts here into words here, maby i should start out differently im chris from iowa im 46 no job or income. living with my elderly folks i cant find a way out of this rut that im in. i just wish this life would end

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi chris_h sorry you are feeling so helpless right now Hopefully talking here you can find the support you need to move out of the rut you are in

3. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

Hi Chris_h,

You have a very tough situation, being without job or income and living with elderly parents. It can be very hard to live with elderly parents, no matter how deeply you care for them.

Being without a job or income hits on so many levels. It shatters the self esteem, terrifies you about the future and means you do without things that are called "necessities" for a reason. You can't even begin to think about luxuries and that's hard, too. We all have material things we want and interests we want to pursue and these things do brighten up existence.

Can you get out of the house even for a walk? I know when you're depressed, it's really hard to force yourself to do anything but this might be something that would really help. I'm a bit of a hypocrite suggesting this since this is advice I don't follow myself, but when I do, I always feel better.

Keep writing - I think you will find people here will understand.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Chris, no need to be embarrassed here, we can sympathize with what you are going through. I hope you find what you are looking for here. :hug:

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. Please do not think your life is in a rut. You must stay wrong, perhaps you could occupy your time doing voluntary work that can be rewarding. Please remain strong and safe.

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Welcome to SF. I hope having this place to open up will give you some release and perhaps some ideas on how to get out of the rut you have found yourself in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.