Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Ryandurbur, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryandurbur

Ryandurbur New Member

Hello everyone! The name is Ryandurbur, better known as Ryan, obviously. There is a lot to say, so I won't bombard anyone who reads this with a butt-ton of information!

I am a 16 year old Male (Obviously!) who lives in Michigan. I have had some suicidal.. incidences in the past and depression, but I have been relatively clean for years. My main goal/reason for joining this site is because I DO still have anxiety I am coping with, a severe case of social anxiety, but I am nearly finished! I'm getting better and better as the days go on. I got off topic!

The main reason I joined, and I hope this is alright with the staff, is to help other people. I know that suicide is a tough thing to deal with, as I have dealt with it myself (That is a story for another day, one of which I am extremely proud of for overcoming,) as well as numerous friends over the years who have contemplated suicide. I have experienced a lot of it first hand, and I know that the most important thing someone could have, when they're in such a low position in their lives, is a friend. Someone to talk to. Someone to listen to them. I know this very well because my friend saved my life. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be writing this message right now.

That is just personal belief, but y'know. Whatevs! If anyone needs to talk, (I know I may seem a little 'young' for a part like that, but trust me, I KIND of know my stuff), my ears (My PM box!) is open. Either way, young or old, I am here to lend an ear and help out in any possible way that I can.

My goal in life is to chop down that 'Average 41,000 Suicides a year', even if by one.
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum and thank you for volunteering your services. I need to PM you straight away on a violation matter.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Of course it is Ryan, that it totally welcomed. Welcome to the site, I am sorry you are struggling too. It sure is not easy. My youngest sibling is the same age as you. I hope you can get yourself better and keep in mind that we are here for you too :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.