Hello.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by One Great Name, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I found this site a few weeks ago and decided it might be good to join. I keep lapsing in and out of hating myself and feeling sad (sometimes with reasons and others without). It kept me from getting much school done today and that doesn't help with anything. I'm a bit mad at myself because I haven't been able to get myself to talk to others about my problems and I know that's what I need right now. I guess I'm afraid no one will understand or they'll think I'm crazy. I wish I had a close friend I could talk to, someone who I could trust would love me despite anything wrong with me. It might be better for me to go searching for a friend like that than to join this forum, I'm terribly anti-social, though. I hope this can help somehow.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there,welcome to the forum. I am very anti social too, a goods few members here are too, right now i've quit college because I could not handle the stress of it, if you want a friend that cares you can come to me or the other members who know what it is like to be in such a state, it's very sad really. Do not be mad at yourself. You illnesses are causing your pain and trouble not ''you''. Would you consider getting therapy and taking medications (if not already doing so) ?

((hugs))

3. I haven't had the need to, so far. I don't know if I'm mildly bipolar or depressed, but, based on what I know, there are a lot of people who have worse problems than me. I think the first time I thought about suicide was sometime around five years ago and I'm still breathing. I wouldn't be too opposed to getting a therapist, but I don't know how much I'd need one regularly, my negative feelings come in waves. I'm not enthusiastic about getting any medication, though, the lists of side-effects are scary... (I've seen them because my mom takes an anti-depressant.)

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You can discuss with your doctor your fear of side effects and hopefully they will put you at ease. Some meds have very little side effects while others have many. I can see your point. I was once scared to take medication too but I bit the bullet (pun not intended). Definitely discuss it anyway, there's no harm in that. As for therapy, it can help a lot, a huge amount and help you on the road to recovery. I wish you the best and if you ever need someone to talk to we're here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.