Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Nikolle7517, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikolle7517

Nikolle7517 Member

Newbie here to this site. Just thought I would introduce myself to the users here. My name is Nikolle & I am 27 years old. I have a lot of experience in the area of Mental Illnesses and have tried various treatments to no avail. I don't know that I enjoy much anymore like I used to but I have at least some interest in learning about anything. I would love to both help and be helped here & I hope to get to know you guys soon!!!!!! Thank you Admin for letting me be apart of this group also!!!!!! Feel free to ask if you have any questions about me that I can answer as well!!!!!! :)

-Nikolle

2. Nikolle7517

Nikolle7517 Member

Oh, I am also open for questions if you need or want to know something too!!!! Feel free to ask. :)

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Nikolle and welcome to the forums. I am Lynn and I'm 26, feel free to talk to me anytime. I am sorry to hear your treatments aren't benefiting you. But please do not give up. There are so many medications and treatments available that one day you're bound to find the one that will help you! Welcome again and if you need anything we're here for you!! (hugs)

4. Nikolle7517

Nikolle7517 Member

Thank you Lynn. I truly appreciate the welcome. Actually I am in little treatment at this point. 6 years of 10+ meds left me refusing anymore. 7ish years of therapy, support groups & DBT, 7 hospitalizations, etc. Still have a therapist who is not the happiest with me right now and so, I admit that I have pretty well given that up. But like I said, thank you for being so kind!!!!!! :)

5. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Welcome Nikolle, nice to meet you. I am Bob, 21, from the UK. Been suffering for about 6 years now. I've lost interest in things too but I'm still curious about anything and everything really. Where abouts you from? Is there any interests you still hold? Hope you like it here btw, welcome to SF! :D

6. Nikolle7517

Nikolle7517 Member

Nice to "meet" you Bob!!!!!!! I have to say that I would describe myself like you did. Is have always been one who loves to learn anything new, but I just don't seem to care much about anything right now. I can likely go any direction you wish. Is there anything you like to still do???? And I am actually from the U.S. Florida to be more specific.

7. Petal

May I ask what your diagnosis is? (if you don't mind sharing)...and you are most welcome,we are all friendly here =)

8. Cicada 3301

Haha, yeah there are some things I still like doing. It has been hard though, I went through I period where I didn't care about the things I used to love. I'm trying to pick up some of my old hobbies and have found some new ones along the way. It's still hard because sometimes I just don't care about them and stop bothering but I'm trying to stay interested. I like playing chess, reading, cooking, watching tv (especially documentaries). Also, I love films and video games. I picked up my guitar today, first time in years, hopefully I get somewhere with it this time :p How about you?

9. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Welcome to SF. I hope you are able to find some support and people to talk to here and appreciate your offer to share ideas and support with other members. Is very nice to meet you. :)

10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Nikolle! Welcome to SF :) I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with so much and nothing has really worked for you yet. I hope you will be able to find something that will help you feel better. You are sure to find lots of friendly and caring people here who will understand what you are going through.

11. Nikolle7517

Nikolle7517 Member

Sorry I just saw this. I am learning not only a new site but a fairly new tablet. Not ignoring anyone. Lol A lengthy list: Major Depression with Psychosis, General/Social Anxiety, Borderline Personality Disorder, OCD, PTSD, an Eating Disorder. Generally Anorexia but if I do eat too much I have been known to throw it up. I am also one who self harms & chronically suicidal. All of these have been officially diagnosed so no guesswork there. Lol But yeah, this is the list. ;-)

12. Petal

That is quite a list. I have BPD and PTSD too, i'm really sorry for your diagnosis that is a hell of a lot to have on your plate, I hope you recover soon, best of luck to you. :)

13. Nikolle7517

Nikolle7517 Member

Thank you and I sincerely wish the same to you!!!!!!!! :)

14. Nikolle7517

Nikolle7517 Member

Bob, yeah, I am also trying to stay interested in things. Among those happens to be wanting to learn Chess (I like puzzles and thinking/strategy games myself..... Lol) I thought video games when I saw your original post. I am interested in any thing challenging so that is another thing. Also, I have always wanted to be a writer and like any creative person, I have a few instruments myself to learn. Lol Guitar included. Piano & Violin among others. I don't get to it too much but try my best as I am sure you do too!!!!!!!! It seems that this is something I do picking up new projects. Lol Arts, Languages, Photography, anything really. Even Academics, especially Physics. Haha Perhaps you can see why I say that you choose the direction of the post. I am glad you commented though. You seem like a nice guy!!!!!!! :)

15. Nikolle7517

Nikolle7517 Member

Thank you!!!!!! And as for my offer, well, I have never been the type of person who just wants to get something but give as well. If I could help someone on here I would love to!!!!!!!! :)

16. Cicada 3301

If you would like we could play chess sometime? There is a site I use to play and if you want to learn I don't mind teaching. That's cool, how long have you had the instruments? I made some progress with the guitar yesterday, I learnt two chords! :D

You seem to have that creative flair I lack. I've never been one for writing and arts. There is a section of the forum here where people share their writings and artistic creations which I love to look through so maybe if you are writing you could share it for everyone?

You have a lot of interest then from what I can see! Do you do any of these for a job or all as hobbies?

17. Nikolle7517

Nikolle7517 Member

Hey, I would really like that!!!!!! I am clueless about the game except knowing what piece does what. I sure could use a teacher. :) My Instruments, Piano the longest and can play, but there is always room for improvement. Lol The Guitar since 2009 or 2010 because my Dad liked to play and bought us both one. Sharps are easier than flats on stringed instruments. I know the sharps (G, D, A, E, B, F,) & C. Trying to learn flats now. Lol Violin started out as a joke between me and a lady at my church. Now, I have one and trying to learn it. My main issue is keeping the bow under control. Lol But it came in 2015 I think???? Almost a year. By the way, which chords did you learn????? I think that is wonderful myself!!!!!!!!! :)
    I have always been a writer myself. Sadly, though I have wanted to do things I am limited greatly by desire and the energy to do so. Many great projects that at the end of the day is not completed. I cannot hardly get out of bed most days and I am sure you know the feeling. And no, I actually am unable to work. I have had major issues with various Mental Disorders and I actually am on disability. At 27, I am embarrassed to say that but it is the truth. I really hope that the not being able to work is temporary. I don't consider myself lazy & the idea of having a job one day sounds wonderful!!!!! :)
    As one who wishes to learn guitar, how did you come to that???? And you technicality being a musician is considered the arts. :) As for the site, I may eventually share. It is a scary thing though. Writing is an extension of who you are, how you feel, what you think. It is often hard to share it but I will think about it OK???? :)

18. Cicada 3301

Sounds great, I will send you a pm this week and I can give you some tips and tricks to get started. It's a fun and often frustrating game to play. I'm sure you will appreciate the challenge ;)

Wow! I have always wanted to play the piano. If I could play any instrument well, I'd want it to be the piano. The history of it and importance in music is something rare and I think it is one of the most impressive someone could play, even more impressive if they could master. I am going to take a wild guess but possible a G chord and an A or E flat. I'm new to this so not sure sorry.

I know the feeling and no, I do not think it is embarrassing for you to say. I cannot be in your shoes and no one else so nobody has the right to judge your situation. Considering what you have been through and are going through you should not be ashamed. Keep fighting, you sound enthusiastic about finding a job and so i hope you are able to work one day too.

My family love their music. My dad is a dj and so am I. My uncle has played guitar for over 20 years and is very good. I have seen him play often and given how much I like music I would love to play songs I love and create my own music. I do this when mixing music but there is something different about doing it with a physical instrument rather than digital. My uncle is who found the guitar for me and it was a birthday present from my dad after I badgered him to buy me one :p I've had it a few years now and think it's time to learn.

I understand completely that you find it hard to share. Writing is how you said and it can be personal and therefore difficult to share. Take your time and if you feel comfortable later when you have been here a little then u can share. Regardless if you post, I hope you are able to get back in the swing of things with writing and finish some of your projects. I'm sure you will get back round to them when you feel able.

19. James Wood

James Wood Member

welcome to the forum :)

Everyone above me has already said whats important.

But ill repeat it anyway. Welcome.

I hope i can talk with you in chat sometime :)

20. Moat

Moat Banned Member

There is not much I can say either that has not already been said, so to that avail, let me just give you a hearty "cooee" from everyone down in the Commonwealth of Australasia and, of course, from PPG Bubbles, SF's cutest and sweetest mascot there ever was. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.