Discussion in 'Welcome' started by BelovedCosmos, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BelovedCosmos

BelovedCosmos New Member

Hi! I am glad there are places like this online for people to get support in their struggles through life, and i feel it will really help me out on those "dark days".

A little bit about myself i guess. I am 18 (almost 19) and lived through a rough childhood (I won't go into detail). As a result i suffer from PTSD, major depression and generalized anxiety disorder. Its tough, but i've been managing. I used to take loads of medication but have been unmedicated for almost a full year now. i start therapy in one week, and am looking forward to continuing in my recovery and self growth.

Also, If anyone needs to vent or just needs someone to talk to, I'm here. :)
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hello, welcome to SF :) I am also glad that a site like this exists, because I don't know where I'd be without it. I am glad to hear that you are going to start therapy. I hope things will start to get better for you soon, and we are here to support you through it all. :)
  3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi @BelovedCosmos welcome to the forum. I'm glad to hear that you've been managing. Good luck with therapy. If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me. :)
  4. BelovedCosmos

BelovedCosmos New Member

Thanks, Witty Sarcasm. :) I am super nervous, Im going to see my family for the first time in almost ten years tomorrow. wish me luck.
    Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Good luck! Hope it all goes well :)
  6. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm happy you found this forum, and I do hope it can help you!
    Remember you're welcome to share your stories and your ups and down here, if you want to rant, need some sympathy or need advice.

Good luck about seeing your family. I know that can be difficult!

You're always welcome to reach out to me as well if you need a talk.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.