Discussion in 'Welcome' started by scared_girl91, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scared_girl91

scared_girl91 Member

Im a 24 year old girl from Norway. Im diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and I´m scared a lot.
    I often think about ending my life,I do not have any plans, I just think about it a lot. It does not help much that I have voices that just drag me down.
    I just need someone to talk about this. Because if I talk about it with my loved ones the just put me to hospital and I don´t like being in hospital.
    I just need to stop thinking about dying and start living again.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Hi there, and welcome to the forum.
    I am happy you have found SF, I really hope you can find the support you need here, either on the forum or the chat rooms.

My inbox is always open.

Please take care of yourself hun, do your best to fight those thoughts. Life is worth living!
    AdamTide likes this.
  3. twowolves80

twowolves80 Darkness Incarnate; don't even bother

Hi! Welcome to the forum. The only thing I know about is schizophrenia is what I learned from the movie A Beautiful Mind, but if you ever need to talk, inbox me. I hang out in the chat a lot but lurk more than talk, so if you inbox me, I'll see it right away. I'm still relatively knew here myself, but my ear is always open.
    CandleLight and Brian777 like this.
  4. AdamTide

AdamTide Well-Known Member

First off I want to tell you that things will get better. It may not seem like it right now but everything is going to be ok. There is good in life and you MATTER. Find something you enjoy and live for that. It can be a person or hobby. Go out in nature sometime. Listen to some good comforting music. Watch funny videos. Write out your feelings. It can also help to help others. It'll help them AND you. Get some sun. Get a long hot shower or bath. People here care a lot. PM me or anyone anytime you need to. "Cradle your head in your hands and breathe just breathe"- Anna Nalick
    Brian777 likes this.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome to SF. *hug*
  6. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Scared_girl91 fear is a terrible thing to live with, I'm so sorry that you're suffering with this. Sending thoughts of peace and serenity to you and hope you feel better soon. Hang in there and know that people here care and support you. I'm new to this forum but from what I've seen from the posts, there's a lot of compassionate and caring people here, so it's a good place to be for nonjudgmental understanding and support. Be gentle with yourself (((hugs)))
    AdamTide likes this.
  7. AdamTide

hugs to you 91.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf. I am sorry to hear about what you are suffering from. I hope things get better for you. Say to yourself every day '' I am just as good as everybody else'' and it will stick, best of luck to you *hugs* keep us updated x
    CandleLight and AdamTide like this.
  9. James5706

James5706 SF Supporter

Hello. And welcome! :) I'm glad you've found us, as it's a great forum, with lots of great caring people.
    AdamTide likes this.
  10. AdamTide

Positive thinking can help a lot. Tell yourself that things WILL get better and that you CAN do it. As someone once said, whether you think you can or you cant you're right. You are a good person who deserves to have GOOD things happen to you. As Shawn Mullins sings "everything's gonna be alright" and like Anna Nalick sings "cradle your head in your hands and breathe, just breathe". Get good out of each day. Helping others can help you feel good about yourself. It helps them AND you. Focus on improving yourself. Do your very best and you'll be just fine. :)
    sahel likes this.
  11. CandleLight

CandleLight Well-Known Member

I want to say hello. I know a few people living with schizophrenia, and one of them did get through the fear and depression and difficult symptoms and now she's a nurse! And we were in the hospital together a long time ago, for months and months. My buddies with schizophrenia are all kind, funny, very smart and compassionate too. I know you are having a very hard time, but I just want to tell you I personally know three people who made it through and are doing well now. :)
    AdamTide likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.