Hello...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Amy Reece, May 25, 2016.

1. Amy Reece

Amy Reece New Member

Um hi. This is the first time I've ever been on one of these... I personally never thought my depression and anxiety would reach this limit but eh, I was wrong. I sought out help in previous years, I went to an Outpatient program for about two weeks, I won't lie, It really didn't help. They put me on medication, again, didn't help, actually it got worse because I was abruptly taken off of it (long story short, my Psychologist was the only one who could fill my meds, couldn't see her without my father... don't know my father) so yeah. Now I'm here. I don't usually like asking for help.. or discussing my feelings, I mostly worry about other people. I never really cared to help myself in any way, so I guess I'm just trying to reach out.. Uh I really don't know what else to say so.. I look forward to conversing with you in the future.
    *Amy

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Welcome to the forum Amy - I hope you find some help being here- I know you will find people willing to talk / listen and be a friendly support. You do have other supports- your guidance counselor in school can help , as well as you (and all peopel our age in nearly every state) have far more rights than most believe. Just for your reference - https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdch/Michigan_Minor_Consent_Laws_for_Sexual_Health_292774_7.pdf

This clearly explains your rights and for outpatient care you have the legal right to get any care you want and it is your choice whether parents are involved or not and you can absolutely say they are not permitted access to your records / not privy to your discussions. Knowing your rights can make it easier to make more informed decisions about your own care. I am not suggesting to go against your parents- it is clearly far better to work cooperatively- but just an FYI_ if you tell a psychologist/copunselor that oyou want to speak to them alone and do not want them to disclose they cannot talk about what you say with your parents and will not risk their license and livelihood to do so. Parents will often try to insist to you that they are going in-0 in the end though that is YOUR choice. Still, without working cooperatively it will be far more stressful - so rather than demands, knowing what you can ask and asking a counselor to help you enforce it tactfully will work.

If you want to talk about what is going on that is bothering you please feel free to share- nobody is going to judge you here.

Take Care and Be Safe

- Ben

3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to the forum. *hugs*

4. joe331

joe331 Member

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

we;come to sf amy, how are you doing now?

6. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

hey Amy, look forward to conversing with you too