Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jazzmyn, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Jazzmyn

Jazzmyn Member

I used to never be so timid in introducing myself on a forum. I feel a lot of anxiety.
    I'm here because I don't feel I can go much longer and I am surrounded by unhealthy and destructive relationships with no moral support. No one is hearing me
    I'm so tired I really don't know what I need.
  2. Cronus

Cronus Member

Hi Jazzmyn,

Welcome to SF. Actually, I'm new here myself too. If you're in the working world or just school, my advice would on the side of knowing that work and school both eventually come to an end. Infact work... Can even even end before you turn 30 if you try hard enough and work towards early retirement.

I used to be in an extremely negative working environment. Most staff were average but there were a couple of really nasty people that most people feared. The moment I left that environment, things got better. I'm in another job now that I still don't like but at least I don't deal with those really bad people anymore.

BTW, how old are you? Knowing your age can help better understand your life situation (not that age is everything, but it helps).

I hope you enjoy your stay here and things improve for you :)
    Petal likes this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi @Jazzmyn welcome to sf, I hope you find it useful here to talk to like minded folks. Are you on medication for your anxiety? (hugs)
  4. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi Jazzmyn [like the name btw] and welcome to SF. If its support you came looking for, you came to the right place. If you want someone to HEAR what you say, not just LISTEN, you came to the right place. Here, you get those in bucketloads and then some. What you wont get is judged, ridiculed or intimidated, so no worries on that score.

Is it possible for you to expand on these relationships you have with such people? The more you share the more we care. It just helps to know as much about you and your situation as possible, so we encourage everyone to share as much as they feel comfortable with. There is a forum section called My Story where you can inform everyone about the issues you face and everyone can get to know you a little better.

Have a good weekend, we are here 24/7 and theres always a open sign on the door, so pop in anytime and say hi. Take care and stay safe out there.
  5. Jazzmyn

Jazzmyn Member

Thank you for all welcomes. I am 46 and yres I take meds for anxiety
  6. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

What are you taking? I take 80mg of propranalol a day for my anxiety. My heart rate was dangerously high, so they gave me that and its a beta blocker that slow my heart rate down which helps a little with the panic attacks I have. I have also done a anxiety namagement course to learn some ways to cope better with anxiety and panic attacks. Have you done anything like that?
    sahel likes this.
  7. Petal

That is good, is it helping any bit? What medication is it? Anxiety is a tough one to beat, therapy might be very useful to you too. I'm in CBT at the moment, only started this week but it was very good. I like @SinisterKid idea of an anti anxiety course. Google what is on in your area, seek therapy, self help books, mediatation, do all you can to help yourself. I believe in you and you have made it this far so keep going and we're beside you in this :)
    SinisterKid likes this.
  8. moxman

moxman Rosie a silly girl, pretending to be serious Forum Pro

Hello Jazzmyn, I am Mox

Hello and thank you for joining us at SF. Thank you for sharing your story with us. The more you share the more we can help you. I invite you to read my personal story below in green. Just know you are not alone in your pain and suffering. Everyone here is battling his/her own demons. You are among friends. No one will ever insult you or ridicule you for any reason; that BS is not tolerated here. We will give you emotional support and lots of hugs. If you are feeling like you are going to hurt yourself that you will take yourself to the nearest ER and get the help you need. The help you deserve. We want you to be SAFE. If you are having a bad day or if you are upset do not hesitate to reach out to someone here at SF and we will help you the best way we can.

I hate to hear that you are so down and going through so much. I hate to see surrounded by unhealthy and destructive relationships. Is there anyway you can get away from those toxic people? We will hear you. We will be your moral support.

Take Care
    sahel likes this.
  9. Jazzmyn

Jazzmyn Member

Thank you. And I take xanax for anxiety
  10. Petal

How long have you been taking xanax for anxiety? Does it help? Has your doctor mentioned therapy? I think it would help you a great deal for support and to let it all out. It helps many many people and I hope you can recover from this time in your life (hugs)
  11. Jazzmyn

Jazzmyn Member

Xanax since I was in my twenties. I'm working on getting into therapy.
    And thank you
  12. Petal

I was on xanax for a few years, powerful drug for anxiety but came off it in 2013 when I felt I did no longer need it but just as i came off it the anxiety came back so was put on valium. I'm down from 6mg from 30mg of valium now. Benzodiazepines are great don't get me wrong but prolonged use will definitely cause probems.

Good luck with getting into therapy, how long do you have to wait do you know? What do you have to do in order to be referred? It really can be life changing, i've been to so many therapists and have always had good results, I hope the same goes for you. I'm a million times better than I was say 5 or 7 years ago all thanks to great therapists and a good support system :)

best of luck jazzmyn