Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read a few peoples introduxtions and not quite sure what to write either other than hello.

I'm James, I am a.creative person. Love writing and performing. I am a big movie buff and love nusic and have quite an eclectic taste.
I am almost 31 now and ironically I am studying counselling ao theirs elements of myself i'm starting to understand but I find most days I wake up just wanting to end everything.
I know I shouldn't but I find myself constantly reminiscing over the past and how my life could habe been happier.
I have amazing friends and I still think suicidal thoughts and tendancies are a taboo. I suffered with bulimia and self harm throughout most of my 20s but disguised it well. I am due to atart CBT this week as I feel my anxiety controls me and I never used to be this person.
I feel completely lonely and like an alien. But I thought by joining this forum with people that understand that sense of loneliness it would be somewhere nice to talk through things

JustLovely

Wants to become a cat
Hello James!
Welcome to the forum. I hope you can find what you need here. I'm quite new myself, but I've found that people here are really great to talk too, and to take your mind off the stuff that makes you feel bad. With you all the best with the therapy!

Lilyfrog

Welcome to the forum,
Hope the CBT helps you and people here have so much support to offer each other and great place to release some of the pain

When I have focused on my troubles, my issues and my difficulties- they only seem to get worse, they become more intensified. If I continue to focus on my difficulties, it soon feels as if I am drowning- I become even more discouraged; I feel even more hopelessness; and even victimized.
I once read this powerful Bible verse:Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
When I do that, my thoughts which seemed to enslave me, and gave me much grief- soon evaporate. And the hope, the hopefulness - returns.
Someone once wrote: Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.

Albert Einstein once wrote: Learn from yesterday; Live for today and Hope for tomorrow.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Welcome to SF. I find CBT helpful and I hope you will too, you among friends and peers here so jump right in :)

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hey James, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've come to the right place. This is a great place to be heard and understood, trust me. Keep posting, ok?

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Albert Einstein once wrote: Learn from yesterday; Live for today and Hope for tomorrow.
I think it was Einstein who also said we can't solve a problem with the same consciousness we had when it was created. Good luck with the CBT - it helps many people to become more aware of, challenge, and replace dysfunctional thought patterns which undermine them with better ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00