Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by SoManyReasons, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoManyReasons

SoManyReasons Member

Hi all!
    New to the forum, and well, talking to people in general.
    My name is Amanda. I'm 20, i guess on the verge of 21.
    And the honest truth is, I need help.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Hi honey,

Welcome to the forum.

Feel free to post in any of the forums that you feel you need to, hopefully you will get some decent help and support there.

Hang in there and take care of yourself

3. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Amanda and welcome to Sf, I hope you find the support you are looking for, when you feel ready maybe you would like to tell us a little more about what brought you to SF.

Hazel :hug:

4. SoManyReasons

SoManyReasons Member

Thank you so much for the welcoming. I guess I thought I wouldn't get any. Maybe because I figured that I would be perceived as just another...kid...who doesn't know what she is talking about. Maybe. Even if I came here knowing that this was a forum intended to help people. There's always a bit of aprehension when one signs up for these things.

Honestly, I watched a program on tv about how women and men were trying to find love and marriage with inmates on Death Row (Mostly by online interaction). It just clicked that maybe if someone could find love in the weirdest of places, maybe I could find some solice... comfort... whatever it is that i'm looking for. And here, after a quick google search, I am.

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

:) It's good that you are here honey.

Hopefully you can find the comfort you are looking for.

Most people here are in pain, but every one here is an individual, and every ones problems differ from others.

Try not to put yourself down, you are a very strong person, but you do appear to have low selfesteem. If you google 'Ways to improve self esteem' a lot of things come up and maybe you could try and do things to help yourself see the good in you.

Just a thought :)

Take care

6. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

:welcome: Amanda! Hope we get to know you a bit better and that you make some good friends here. We are a friendly bunch and there is a really good mix of ages, nationalities etc.. I'm sure you'll soon settle in.
    Shygirl

7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum, Amanda. I don't think you're just a "kid".. I think you are someone that has problems and needs and deserves just as much support as anyone else here at the forum. If you would like a friend or would ever like to talk you are always welcome to PM me anytime, also if you have MSN or Yahoo messenger and would like to add me, feel free to get my messenger ID's out of my profile. :hug: :hug:

8. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

If it helps, I'm the same age as you, and one of the mods here (I won't point out which, but if you find out, you'll be surpirsed) is 16. Believe me when I say that age is no barrier when it comes to being taken seriously here :hug:

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Hi Amanda and :welcome: to the forum. I am glad you found us and shared some about yourself. You will find support here I am sure. Please take care. :hug:

10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.