Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by suicidal maniac, Jul 7, 2007.

1. suicidal maniac

suicidal maniac Well-Known Member

I just would like to know how many of you have given up things that you used to do, or find that they are a lot more difficult to do since your mental state?
  2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

I'm sorry my reply to your thread is so late.. i've only just seen it. When i was at my lowest, i did stop doing a lot of things that I used to do. I found it hard to do anything at really.. but it's like a vicious circle because the least i did to keep busy, the worse i felt.

Are you finding things difficult at the moment? It is a common symptom of depression so you're not alone... is your doctor aware of how you're feeling?

3. Motivation is a big problem now for me. There are alot of things I used to do more that I'm not doing at all now...... like singing. My voice is exceptionally deep and I used to get compliments all the time. I don't know exactly what's the problem.....:unsure: but I could take a few wild guesses & most likely I'd be right.
  4. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Yeah, I feel like the artist in me died. And that used to be a big part of my identity.
  5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum. :hug:
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I have found that the things I used to enjoy and that would make me most happy I can no longer enjoy. I used to be outgoing and love to be with people. Now I don't leave my home unless it is necessary and I can't wait to get back. I am also a musician and my music used to carry me away from all that hurt. Now I feel nothing. The more down time I have the worse I feel, yet I do not feel like doing anything. I prefer isolation. The cycle continues. :(
  7. Ashes

Ashes Member

very very important things that i loved almost seem like a burden now, and i cant bring myself to do them. i sit and lie down and do nothing, wasting away. i lost interest, motivation, and i want to change, but cant.

i know exactly how you feel.
  8. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I've given up most things. Nothing brings me happiness like it used to.
  9. unnecessary

unnecessary Guest

I don't do things I used to do because I've found them pointless.