Hello

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by suicidal maniac, Jul 7, 2007.

1. suicidal maniac

suicidal maniac Well-Known Member

I just would like to know how many of you have given up things that you used to do, or find that they are a lot more difficult to do since your mental state?

2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Hiya

I'm sorry my reply to your thread is so late.. i've only just seen it. When i was at my lowest, i did stop doing a lot of things that I used to do. I found it hard to do anything at really.. but it's like a vicious circle because the least i did to keep busy, the worse i felt.

Are you finding things difficult at the moment? It is a common symptom of depression so you're not alone... is your doctor aware of how you're feeling?

:hug:
    Jenny

3. Motivation is a big problem now for me. There are alot of things I used to do more that I'm not doing at all now...... like singing. My voice is exceptionally deep and I used to get compliments all the time. I don't know exactly what's the problem.....:unsure: but I could take a few wild guesses & most likely I'd be right.

4. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Yeah, I feel like the artist in me died. And that used to be a big part of my identity.

5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum. :hug:

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I have found that the things I used to enjoy and that would make me most happy I can no longer enjoy. I used to be outgoing and love to be with people. Now I don't leave my home unless it is necessary and I can't wait to get back. I am also a musician and my music used to carry me away from all that hurt. Now I feel nothing. The more down time I have the worse I feel, yet I do not feel like doing anything. I prefer isolation. The cycle continues. :(

7. Ashes

Ashes Member

very very important things that i loved almost seem like a burden now, and i cant bring myself to do them. i sit and lie down and do nothing, wasting away. i lost interest, motivation, and i want to change, but cant.

i know exactly how you feel.

8. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I've given up most things. Nothing brings me happiness like it used to.

9. unnecessary

unnecessary Guest

I don't do things I used to do because I've found them pointless.