1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by TwentyTwelve, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwentyTwelve

TwentyTwelve Member

Hi everyone. I've been lurking around the forums and visiting the chatroom for the past week, so I figured it was time to introduce myself.

I'm Tara, 24, from Mississippi. Today is exactly two years since one of my best friends killed himself. I won't go into much detail about it, but the reasoning was partially because of some things I said. I have terrible guilt that eats at me day after day, and it doesn't seem to dull with time. I really screwed up and it's hard to live with.

I was depressed way before then, but lately it has been different. Where before I was depressed, I was still social. I could still have a good time, you know. These days, I've very withdrawn. I don't care to make friends. I don't smile anymore. I thought going back to school would change things, but it just makes the problems more apparent. I have a meal plan, but have not been to the cafeteria once. If I'm not in class, I'm in my room. People try to talk to me, but I shut them out. I feel as though there's a wall around me and even if I did talk to them, they wouldn't be able to hear a word I say. Plus, the only friend I have around here is about to move to Puerto Rico. We've been friends for about 10 or 11 years. I guess I depend on him too much, but he IS the only person I have to hang out or chat with.

I used to be suicidal, but after my friend killed himself, suicide left a bad taste in my mouth and I swore I would never be able to do that. Lately, I've been thinking about it again. I'm so tired of so many things.

This is a time in my life where things seem to be looking up, but inside that couldn't be further from the truth.

Anyway, that's where I'm at in a nutshell. It's nice to meet you all.

-T

2. MrBill

MrBill Active Member

:welcome: Welcome to the SF. Glad you joined us. I'm kind of new here too, and it's a great place to read about and share what we're going through and learn from what others are going through. :smile:

3. goddamnmad

goddamnmad Member

4. TwentyTwelve

TwentyTwelve Member

Thank you. I read over your intro and wanted to say that the government and politics seriously depress me as well.

Hi :wave:

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Hello and :welcome: to SF. I am glad you found us and decided to give us a chance. I know you will find the support you need here. Take care. :hug:

6. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

:welcome: to sf here. i think you'll find the support you need here. i've lost a few friends to suicide and carry loads of guilt for especially two of them, so i can relate although i know in my head the guilt shouldn't be allowed. anyways, share as you need to we'll be here. please take care.

7. TwentyTwelve

TwentyTwelve Member

Thank you :smile:

Thanks. People always say you shouldn't feel guilty, etc. But it's hard not to.

8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:welcome:

9. TwentyTwelve

TwentyTwelve Member

Thank ye :smile:

10. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome back to the forum hehe :)

11. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

Welcome to SF :smile: I hope you find support here.

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

13. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome back :)

14. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome to SF TwentyTwelve

It is how the inside feels that leads us here. I am glad you found us and I hope you find the support you need. It is nice to meet you too. I am just a pm away or anyone is for that matter if you ever need to talk. :smile:

15. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

:) Welcome to SF! We're a good group and you will find support here from many.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.