hello?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by -GirlxNextxDoor-, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -GirlxNextxDoor-

-GirlxNextxDoor- Well-Known Member

does anyone know a way to get away with not eating as my mum is starting to notice. -.-'
    before you say i have tried diet and exercise and such but no matter how much exercise i do i can't lose weight like that and now i am trying not eating unless i nearly faint...i have been doing this for 8 days now

2. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

:no: don't do this to yourself. We're here to support you, but no one will/should be promoting eating disorders. They're not that simple, it's not a diet. It's not something you want to do to yourself, trust me. Once you get into it, it will take over your life, stop while you're ahead. Nobody will give you advice on how to develop an eating disorder, but there is a section where people will support you on a healthy diet (HEAL). I know, diet and exercise sucks, but if you stick with it then it will[/u] work.. it just takes time. Anorexia is not a way out, it just causes more problems than you had to begin with. Please be careful, and pm if you want to talk or anything. :hug:

3. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

I have to agree with mel. There are healthy ways to lose weight, the main one being diet and exercise. A good site that might help you give you a head start at tracking your nutrional intake and your activities is fitday.com. It has a bunch of healthy resources and advice.

Anorexia and/or bulimia is something you do notwant to get caught up in. I have been battling them both for around 9 years.

Here's a little taste of what you get to look forward to you if you choice to starve yourself. Your friends will call you up to go out for lunch/dinner/special treat but that little eating disorder voice inside you will convince you not to go because you do not deserve to have friends, you can't but that poisonous fatty food in your body, you can't let others see the monster you are. Wait that the will happen up until you have no friends. They will sooner or later all walk away because you will have become moody and withdrawn. Now you're left alone. Oh, and your mum? She'll get more and more suspecious of you and trust you less and less every day. Why? Well you will start lying to her.

You will constantly be focused on food never allowing yourself any of your old favorate foods causing yourself to get angry because you cant have them. You will then lash out at who ever is around you. More and more people will go away. You become lonelier and lonelier. Is this starving still sounding like a good idea???

Ok, in case it still does, let's get to the good parts. The times you pass out in the store or the parking lot or school or other public place and are rushed to the hospital by ambulence. The paramedic having trouble getting an iv started on you because your blood pressure has gotten so low because of not eating. Your electrolytes get out of balance and you have terrible cramps all over. You're so weak, you try to walk and just collapse. The doctors discover a heart problem. Your mum and other family members look on you with concern as you are hooked up to all sorts of machines.

I must not forget to mention your teeth. Your teeth will begin to get very bad. They will decay from lack of nutrients. You will get numorous cavitites. They eventualy may even fall out. Speaking of falling out. You get to look forward to your hair falling out. I hope you enjoy cleaning out the shower drain since you will have to do that several times during your shower so the water doesn't get to backed up.

Then there is the thing about a part of you will want to fight against the eating disorder and destroy it. This is a long hard battle. At times you may win at others you may. There will be an on going battle inside yourself against the "real" you and the "eating disorder" you. It is very tiring and exhusting.

4. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

:yes: :yes: Amen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.