Discussion in 'Welcome' started by SweetSurrender, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

hey - i've just found this site which i feel is remarkable considering i have been typing the word suicide into google for awhile now. (i cannot tell if that is a pathetic first sentence so i am going to leave it how it is...).
    I'm here because although i have suffered depression for many years, i have never felt this low and suicidal before. My main problem is turning away from the black void that i have opened which has lead me to feel like getting 'better' would be meaningless. Although the depression has me pinned down so that no pain i inflict means anything, from what i have read both on here and from people in general i should give up thinking that help will come in the form of medical doctors. As someone wrote here, they care about making you stable...and i'm adding - but not making you whole. That is my problem, i am two people in one. I have no therapist nor has there been any allusion to there being one in the future as my pdoc has said that i do not have unusual thought patterns. I agree with this but at the same time do wonder why she has put me on anti-psycotics if that is so, and at the end of the day...i just need someone to listen. The after effects for me is the black all-consuming void.
    Sorry long post. :rolleyes:
  2. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Allow me to be the 1st to welcome you to SF. May you find help/info/answers if you need them.
  3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum :smile:
  4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey welcome and you certainly have come to the right place for having people listen. Talk yourself blue in the face! Someone here will always be there for you. Hope you find what you are looking for at SF.
  5. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum
  6. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum,

I found this forum through google as well! One day it was just there! And thankfully too!
  7. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

welcome to SF :smile:
  8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad you found us. I hope we can be a place of support for you. You mentioned that you had no therapist and would not have therapy because of what your pdoc says. Can't you find a therapist without the pdoc? I found my therapist first. From there it was recommended I see a pdoc for meds. If you think therapy can help, then seek out someone.
  9. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.