Discussion in 'Welcome' started by thepeddlersdaughter, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepeddlersdaughter

thepeddlersdaughter New Member

I havent slept in days, I havent stopped shaking in days. I'm feeling very wacked out and traumatised so please forgive me as I am having trouble focusing at the moment.
    my Dad just tried to commit suicide a month ago. He cut his left wrist to the bone, severing all tendons and nerves and as a result has lost the use of it. His right arm was not as badly damaged but he has very limited use of it as well. He had to be revived on the the operating table three times as they tried to piece him back together.He is mentally ill, an alcohol and a long term drug abuser. He wont speak to my siblings or myself he has just disappeared! No one knows where he is!!We want so much to help him but he WONT ALLOW it....what can we do? my god, what can we do???????????? WHY DID THEY LET HIM GO SO SOON???? I am going crazy myself......I feel totally hopeless.

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hey, other folks will prob. chime in but just wanted to say welcome, and i'm really sorry to hear about your dad.

it can be hard to understand what a suicidal person is going through unless you've been there, but i can share from my experience as someone who has attempted in the past that you start to think that your family will be "better of without you"... it's part of the distorted thinking of depression.

keep fighting for him... you may not be able to stop him, ultimately the decisions he makes are his, but keep fighting.

at the same time, you have to keep your strength up. what resources do you have? anyone to talk to? a professional or a support group that can help you through this difficult time? you also need care, sleep, rest, and support at this time.

you will find many people here to listen,

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hey, welcome the the forum!:welcome:
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am sorry to hear about the pain your dad must be suffering to go to the measures he did. I think sometimes the medical community forgets to treat the whole person instead of just the physical or emotional parts. I hope you find out where your dad is and that he is willing to try and accept help. My thoughts are with you. :hug:
  5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum :smile:
  6. thepeddlersdaughter

thepeddlersdaughter New Member

Thanks alot for all your support. I did see the doctor today who gave me something for acute anxiety and sleep. I am feeling slightly more calm now and looking forward to being able to figure this all out with a clear head. Now the hard part begins I guess...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.