Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Eat Static, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eat Static

Eat Static New Member

Hi my name is David, Im 20 and I live in the Peak District.

I have suffered in silence with depression since early teens until earlier this year when i finally decided to tell someone, though I wish I hadnt now because it has been a waste of time for me, it has not achieved anything and I just feel even more confused now. I get these highs and lows, one minute I can be happy then next without warning suicidle, to me it seems like some kind of bipolar disorder but without the extreme highs, also to add to the confusion and the main reason why the psychiatrists and other people I have seen have been so useless is that I also suffer with an illness called M.E. which I have had for about 5 years now, they have tried to just blame it on that and its very frustrating trying to get it across to them that it isnt.

I obviously havnt gone into details now but hope to soon, that is one of the reasons I joined to talk about it more and to try and understand, I have been having a very bad phase since just before christmas that just dosnt seem to be ending and I had even gone back to self harming which I have not done in years, I have not done it for a couple of months again now but its very hard to resist, also I feel very isolated with M.E. so hopefully will be able to make some friends too :smile:
  2. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

Welcome David.

Sorry, but I'm not in the best mood.
    So you won't get the usual happy speech.

Just know, if you ever need anything
    or someone to talk to, please
    feel free to PM me.

3. rpiccola89

rpiccola89 Member

From one newbie to another, David :welcome:
  4. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

:welcome: to the forum here david. we're glad to have you here. i'm sorry to hear you're going through so much right now. if you would like to talk more about it certainly feel free to pm me anytime, or even put it in another thread. we will do our best to be there for you. i'm glad to hear you haven't self harmed in a couple of months. i actually hope you will be able to keep that up. :please: take care and stay safe. :biggrin:
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum David. i am glad you found us and feel this may be a place where you can come to find support. When you are comfortable in sharing more about yourself we are ready to listen. :hug:
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :hug:
  7. sakuragirl

sakuragirl Well-Known Member

8. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

Hi David, welcome.

I can completely identify with your mood swings, it could easily describe my own.

I think it is sometimes difficult to get things across to psychiatrists, which is frustrating. keep trying to resist the self harming, and there's always someone around to talk to here.
    best wishes.
  9. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your time on here.
  10. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome! :hug:
  11. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Welcome to the forum

12. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
  13. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. If i haven't already posted a welcome lol. I lose track!
    I hope you find all the help and support you need her. And that you enjoy your stay.
    If you need anything, a chat, help, anything, don't hesitate to pm me :)
  14. Eat Static

Eat Static New Member

Thanks everyone :smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.