Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Thalia, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thalia

Thalia New Member

Hi everyone, I'm Thalia - I'm new and I thought I'd better introduce myself! I'm a little nervous about posting because I've never talked about my issues before, but I'm really glad I've found this forum...

To give a bit of background: I'm 19, and I just started university in the UK. I've had various problems all my life: strange eating habits, social phobia, panic attacks, insomnia, general depression - the list goes on. Over the last year or so my thoughts have become increasingly suicidal, and I'm pretty scared about it. I've never seen a psychiatrist or a doctor about this, and I've kept my problems hidden from my friends and family (even my parents have no idea). Hopefully it'll be a relief to finally talk openly about my feelings.

It's nice to meet you all! :smile:
  2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

welcome thalia

glad you have found us and i hope you find the help and support you need.
    no need to be shy around us, we are a good community and are here for everyone.

a problem shared is a problem halved, talking does help

take care
  3. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

welcome to sf thalia.
    it does help to talk about problems. i bottle everything up myself, and it never helps.
    have you aproached a doctor about your problems? or have you not said anything at all? doctors can help so maybe give it a try if things get really bad
    in the mean time were all here for you :hug: and hope you enjoy and find help here :hug:
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Thalia,welcome to sf :)
  5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.
  6. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. :hug:
  7. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Welcome thalia :)