Discussion in 'Welcome' started by forestmaiden, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forestmaiden

forestmaiden Member

Hi everyone,

I'm Sylvia, I'm 22 and from BC Canada. I'm a nursing student currently but really struggling right now. I've been cutting for ten years, and have depression, anxiety, and borderline personality disorder.
    I have a huge history of abuse, physical and verbal by my parents (mostly my dad), and I've been raped twice since high school. I have a lot of trouble fitting in with classmates and I pretty much think they all hate me. I've always had social issues and I just feel like, what is so horrible about me? Anyways, my life has basically just been one big ball of abuse and being told I'm worthless and stupid and useless and fat and ugly.
    I'm sinking badly right now, and thought about going to the hospital tonight.
    Anyways, I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Sylvia,

Welcome to SF.

I hope you find the help and support you need here :hug:
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.
  4. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Hi Sylvia, welcome to sf :) I hope you find what you need here. We are all ready to support you as much or as little as you decide you need.

Lea :arms:
  5. Milly

Milly Well-Known Member

Hiya and welcome

hope you find it a helpfull place to be, i know i do.

stay safe and take care
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. If you think you need to go to the hospital to stay safe, then please do so. Have you had any type of counseling to help you deal with the abuse issues? For some it makes a great deal of difference. I hope we can be another avenue of support for you. :hug:
  7. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi Sylvia,

Welcome to SH honey. I hope we will be able to support you through your difficult times. :hug:

Take care & massive hugs, Claire xx
  8. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

how are you doing now, hun? i somehow missed your initial posting i think :sad: i try to read all but they get buried : (

i hope you are hanging in. s.f. has literally saved me, more than once. and i am very new. it is a rough spot. but the people here are caring and they help.

i hope you find some encouragement and support here. i hope you find some peace and can see that YOU are a good person and you are NOT your emotions. i'm glad you reached out. you can pm me anytime. i'm on the other side of canada - :smile: :hug:
  9. alle_vite

alle_vite Well-Known Member

Hey Sylvia hunni, a massive warm welcome to SF you sound like you have been through quite alot i hope all of us here can help you find happiness. If you ever need a chat or anything im online most of the time so pm me!!

Stay Safe

10. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to sf I hope you find what your looking for here. Hope to see you around :hug:
  11. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF hunni..

Hope you settle in ok..

12. forestmaiden

forestmaiden Member

Thanks everyone, it is awesome finding such kind souls :hug:

I used to be on a similar forum, but there was big cliques and everyone was fighting and some people there really hurt me, so I left many years ago, and have been looking for some online support somewhere new ever since.
  13. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

A cutter AND a nurse? Welcome to SF (Internet asylum run by the insane)

14. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

am glad that you have found a forum where you feel comfortable

btw i know its a bit belated but welcome!! x
  15. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i know you joiuned a while ago, but i'll just say hi anyway. i hope you went to the hospital the other night and not hurt yourself. have you seen a doc about any of it? especially the SH, i know its a horrible thing to live with :hug:
    i hope we can help
  16. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

HI, Forestmaiden, Welcome to SF!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.