Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Mortal Moon, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm here. ;) Well, I guess I'll say a bit about myself.

I'm a college student, currently being treated for depression. I'm taking citalopram (Celexa) and getting counseling. Despite this, I constantly feel desperately suicidal, although I've never made a serious attempt.

I haven't attended any of my classes in over a month, and it's almost certain that I'll be kicked out of school if I don't withdraw from this semester soon. Frankly, the only reason I'm still here (at college, that is) is that the dorms give me a place to live that's not with my parents; although I'm fortunate enough to have a loving relationship with both of my parents, it's kind of a point of pride for me to strike out on my own to an extent. I neither have nor want a job, nor do I think I could hold down a job if I had one. I'm terrified of being out in the world and having adult responsibilities; I can easily see myself wasting away in some apartment somewhere or at my mom's house, doing nothing and making nothing of my life. Meanwhile, I'll sink farther and farther into debt and slowly lose my grip on any dreams and aspirations I may have had.

I drink quite a bit, though not (in my estimation) a dangerous amount. I have a tendency to stay awake through the night and sleep all day; it's currently about 4:30 in the morning here. I've never had sex or been in a romantic relationship, and I have few friends (in fact, I know only one person who I would consider a close friend- and he's living halfway across the country right now.) I used to enjoy reading and playing the piano, but I haven't done much of either recently. Even the relatively brainless activities I do to pass the time- surfing the internet, playing video games, masturbating- are gradually losing their appeal.

Anyway, there's a lot more, but I suppose that's good for a start. I hope to get to know you all, and maybe we can support each other.

2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Hey Fourth :), Welcome to SF :biggrin:

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome to SF!!

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi welcome to SF.:stars:

6. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Hey there! Hope you find the help you need in here. We're all here for ya.

I can relate to your feelings alot and look foward to read your posts :)

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum!

8. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the kind welcome.

9. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

hi
    how r ya
    welcome to SF
    im also college student...never been in Romantic relationship so u can pm me any time :)

10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Johnathan!!

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. :hug:

12. Tim.

Tim. SF Emoti-King

Reading your post reminded me of myself about five or six years ago.

I have plenty of advice to give, though I can't say it's worked for me. I was worried about being able to hold a job after school because of my own issues and that has unfortunately held true.

Feel free to message me sometime. I'd be interested in comparing experiences.

I wish you the best.

13. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.