Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by get.get.gone, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. get.get.gone

get.get.gone New Member

Im just wondering how many people on this forum have actuly came here for support and not for attention.

It seems to me that alot of the post are from people looking for attention rather then need help with geniune thoughts.

:brett:

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Most of the people here do seem to post their genuine thoughts. But a lot of people come here because they're feeling bad and really need someone to talk to. That's not a bad thing.

3. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Do you not think that needing support and needing attention are similar?

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf :)

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HEy hello i think if they need attention that is the support they need Some people posting are young and feel alone with sadness and i think it is good to reach out for attention or whatever it is that brings them here. They don't feel so alone that way

6. Tastelikeblood

Tastelikeblood Well-Known Member

When I first came here I thought that too. "Ugh i'm gonna kill myself" and that's all they say. After being here a while they were probably in pain and just looking for someone to talk to and didn't know what else to say. Heck maybe they ARE just looking for attention but it's better to assume they actually would kill themselves than to ignore them. I'll offer support wherever I see I can or relate, if I don't someone else will. I'm really only here for electronic social interaction with good people anyway cuz i've clearly stated i'm not going to off myself. I stick my good foot wherever I can lol.

7. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

I agree with Tam & violet

8. happyville

happyville Well-Known Member

I joined to offer support to others because I've been through similar things. While I think some people ARE here for support, I have honestly seen people who seem to just want attention. I.e. when I was in chat, someone wasn't getting enough attention (they weren't even really trying, either), and next thing I know they've overdosed and everyone was telling them to go to the hospital, but they refused, and complained about how no one cared about them in the chat.

But even if they're here for attention, I honestly think they ARE in pain - just because someone wants attention doesn't negate the fact they're in pain.

9. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

I agree indeed

10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I was major suicidal when I came here.. I had just come off an attempt when I found this site.. It has saved me three times by members stepping up and offering support..Who says that if they are just looking for attention that they won't come to a low spot in there life and actually attempt.. This forum is for everyone.. Hell we even have people here who aren't depressed they just want to help..As far as I am concerned everyone is welcome as long as there not trolls..

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

First let me welcome you to our forum. To address your question, I think others have put it quite well already. I agree we do have attention seekers here at the forum, but they need support just as much as the next person. something must be lacking in their lives for them to have that need. It is an issue in its own right. Support as you can, give as you can. But remember you must take care of yourself while doing so. If it becomes detrimental to you, then take a step away from it. Sometimes it is not easy to do.

12. Do you not think in posting that you were looking for attention?

I'd say the majority of people here are looking for help, I don't know who would be so sad as to come here attention seeking. If they are on a suicide support sight they are probably desperately in need of somebody to heal the pain they are feeling.

Personally, I think your post is completely insensitve to the people on this site.

13. Site**

Sorry if I offend you here but you touched a nerve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.