Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by legnum vr4, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legnum vr4

legnum vr4 Member

i dont know how to explain this problem i have iam very depressed stressed and feel at the very bottom.i am 33 married with two children,self employed.my life has always been unlucky in one way or another,i am in debt currently with a debt management works been getting harder finacialy ,the tools and machinery allways something happening going down on me or braking want to do something else but tied through my finances.my wife just doesnt seem to spend time anymore dont want to go out together etc.dont feel loved by her anymore .my children are great but if i ever shout at them for being naughty the wife just has a go at me.i dont feel part of the familly ,did go to the doctors last summer depressed she said she would get someone to call me urgent never did had suicidal tendancies then,feel trapped in this crap life.i do like to run which does help me to wind down and take the edge of it.it is the only thing i enjoy doing at the moment,have just told my wife how i feel she said i must get help but how and i feel very low and embarsed that i feel like this .i am in a dark place.how and can i get out of this s%*t HELP PLEASE.
  2. Robin

Robin Guest

Hiyas and welcome to the forum :) Am not sure what country you are from, I thought when I first started reading your post that you were from the UK maybe but your member name threw me.

I would give the drs another chance, in the UK they can be very busy and it's so easy to get shuffled to the bottom of the pile unless you scream yourself up a bit. Ordinary people can handle all kinds of stresses, only a percentage fall to the wayside with depression, no-one knows why.

In the UK also, no-one need go to prison for the debts they hold, as long as you approach the companies you owe money to and be as communicative as possible and not let them force you to pay more than you afford, you have a family to support and some companies will do all they can to get you to pay everything you can even if it means your children go hungry.

Unfortunately, the people most likely to agree to such things are the infirmed.

You local Citizens Advice Bureau is also another excellent place to go to, keep posting if it helps :)
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Hey I am not doing to hot right now but I wanted to at least say hello and let you know that you can have some hope now as you have found SF. This place saved my life twice and maybe about to do it for a third time...if it can do it for me then why not you, right?

First and foremost don't feel embarrassed at all. You are going through some difficult times and dealing with some very serious life obstacles and your a doing great job. It ain't easy I know. If you haven't noticed already we here struggle with about every imaginable life issue so you will find understanding no matter what your issue for the day or week may be. And I am sure you will find what I have found, great support, sound advice and understanding.

Can I ask if you have considered going to your doctor about your feelings? Many of us need medications, like antidepressants or anti-anxiety medication to tackle the rough spots in life. I myself would be dead without my Prozac and trust me I was not thrilled to be in the situation in which I needed it but that is my life and how things are. Most GPs can prescribe them if you are going to a therapist, but that is the States (you sound British?)

Anyhow I am sorry this is not a great welcome post but I am not doing great and frankly I rarely welcome new people but you sounded like you could hear a friendly voice that cares, and I do care.

Hugs Bambi
  4. legnum vr4

legnum vr4 Member

thanks mate am from uk seems a good sitefriendly people all the best to you thanks
  5. Robin

Robin Guest

Be safe and don't feel afraid to post :)
  6. legnum vr4

legnum vr4 Member

i will and thanks for replying i didnt think i would get any replys
  7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You have no reason to feel embarrassed. What you're going through isn't your fault. :hug: I hope you can talk to your doctor or find a therapist. And we're always here if you feel like talking.
  8. legnum vr4

legnum vr4 Member

thanks i will look on your site later
  9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome i hope you continue to reach out any time you need it okay take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.