hello..

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by taylor623, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taylor623

taylor623 Member

i've been lurking around a couple of weeks now.
    i thought i'd join and introduce myself.
    A little about me,

im 18, currently at college studying music. Lived in England until i was 10, moved to New Zealand for a year, then moved to Australia for 6 years.
    I moved back to the UK last June. It's been rather difficult adjusting to england,
    though i lived here as a kid, i never thought id come back.
    Ive left behind all my friends and my girlfriend in Australia, apart from feeling completely alienated by everyone i meet, i have few friends, my life consists of my bedroom, computer, speakers and my guitars. its not too uncommon that i might not leave my room for 2 or 3 days. i spent the first 4 months of living here crying myself to sleep every night. i spent my 18th birthday with "friends", if i can call them that, i just so isolated from everything. i don't speak to my mum or my 2 brothers anymore. everything just seems like one big lie, i keep waking up hoping im back in australia, each day just leads to more disappointment and resentment of myself. im starting to come to the realisation that maybe im stuck here at least for the time being. im still figuring this out. i spend almost all my time reading and listening to music,
    my only two passions in life. anyway thanks for reading

2. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

Hello, welcome to SF, i can understand that the move from country to country could really affect a person, its not like Australia is a 5 minute drive down the road is it? is there any way u could go back to Australia, to see if you would be happier there? as it sounds like you think about being back there alot, but unless u go back and try it, u never no, u may not be happy there either, you may jsut be going throught a rough patch in ur life right now and u assocaiate Australia with happiness :dunno: jsut a thought, well again welcome to SF :hug: hope u feel right at home soon :)

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Welcome aboard explorer!

Sleeping where you are, being seperated from home is difficult. Are you in england for school? Do you have friends at said university?

Or if your not there for school, what is keeping you from going back to Australia?

4. taylor623

taylor623 Member

im at college only speak to 1 person their who ive recorded a lot of music with.
    well i can't move back to australia because i dont hve a skill thats on the skill shortage list

5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

What type of skills do you need? And can you get them in England? Is it going to require more schooling?

6. taylor623

taylor623 Member

anything working with your hands really.
    plus you need to find a company too sponsor you as well
    its a real pain to deal with.

7. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

:hug: Welcome to sf. having never moved further than across town in my life, i'm probably not gonna be much use, but, how are you for making new friends? can you just go up and talk to people. i think you're feeling very homesick
    atm and it can't help that you're feeling alone. do you know where you live well?

8. taylor623

taylor623 Member

i was born in a house about 2 minutes walk away.
    im not really making new friends don't see the point in it anymore

9. cookiemonster

someone you could talk to could be really good right now.

10. taylor623

taylor623 Member

im not really a talkative sort of person spent years repressing emotion its too difficult to really express myself

11. cookiemonster

:hug: i know how hard it can be to connect with people but you need to try

12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. Feel free to talk to us here. Maybe head in to chat if you think you can. Sometimes it is easier to type things out than to vocalize them. :hug:

13. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Taylor, :welcome: to the forum :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.