Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Joh0525, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joh0525

Joh0525 New Member

Hello everyone. I'm not exactly sure where to start in introducing myself. There are times that I get very depressed and stressed out and think of suicide. There are other times that I feel like I am so stupid for feeling this way. In July 2008, I broke my ankle and was off of work for disability for 6 months. I was semi-ok while my finances went to hell, but it got really bad after I went back to work in January of 2009 and didn't have as much left over as I did when I was on 60% pay!

I have been making progress financially speaking (though I am still behind), but the after effects are at times really bad. My self-isolation has all but wrecked my marriage, and the feelings of helplessness are at times overwhelming.

The times that I get to feeling better about myself come and go. When I do feel better, I forget that I am having problems, but then my depressed feelings always come back. I am on medication, and I do feel that it has helped me alot, but it's of course not perfect. Most of the time I feel like I am just muddling through life. I am not exactly sure what to do to make my life better.
  2. neohume

neohume Well-Known Member

hello and welcome...
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey welcome glad you are on meds they do help Have you tried therapy a psychologist that you can talk with It does help as well Glad you reach out here
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...glad you found us...hoping you can share more as I am sure many ppl here can understand what you are going through...welcome again and big hugs, J
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Welcome aboard. I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for here.

Maybe some therapy will help. Check with your psychiatrist about some therapy.

We are here when you need us! Again, welcome.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!! I agree with the others that you would benefit from therapy.. Most of them work on a sliding pay scale..Keep posting and let us help..
  7. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :) welcome to the forum :shake:
  8. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF. :)
  9. boo

boo Well-Known Member

welcome to SF!
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum, its nice to meet you :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.