Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Shaun0810, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaun0810

Shaun0810 New Member

Hello, my name is Shaun. I'm 18, I live in Brooklyn, NY, and, well, I guess there's no secret as to why I'm here.

To briefly sum up my life, I hate it. I hate everything about life, especially myself. I despise the way I look, and I know people in general don't like me either. I'm a loser high school drop-out who's on his way to ending his life.

There's this girl, Melanie, that I have liked/loved for well over 3 years now but not only is she way out of my league, she's got her own boyfriend and I haven't spoken to her since early 2007. This is really the main reason why I want to commit suicide. I'm very stubborn about this, and not willing to listen to the "forget her" speech everyone keeps giving me.

And although I've been depressed for years, it only just dawned on me that I literally have no friends whatsoever. The only people I know are my parents and about 10 relatives, whom I only see once every 5 months. In fact, I'm so pathetic that I go about my day in dream mode, pretending Melanie is my girl and that all of my old 'friends' aren't off at college becoming successful while I'm just sitting here watching the world go by. It helps ease the pain, I guess, at least until I'm brought back to reality.

There is a lot, lot more to my story and why I want to die, but I just wanted to keep it somewhat simple in my introduction...

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Shaun welcome to the forums..Why don't you just be her friend..That way you don't loose out completely..You say all your friends are away at college.. Have you considered a trade school?? It will give you skills in what ever job you decide to seek out..Good Luck!!

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...hope you find the support you are looking for...big hugs, J

4. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

hey,

welcome I hope that we will be able to support you.

5. Shaun0810

Shaun0810 New Member

Stranger1, thanks for the suggestions and for the comment, but it's not as easy as that. I'm gonna make a thread on my story elsewhere.

And thank you, SadEyes & Butterflies32

6. boo

boo Well-Known Member

:welcome: to sf

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Shaun. I am sorry to hear you have so many things in your life that have brought you to this point. When and if you are ready to share more of them, we will be here to listen. Just maybe we can help to bring a ray of hope into your world. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.