Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Roanoke, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roanoke

Roanoke Member

Been looking around here for awhile now and thought I'd make some sort of introductory post or something like that. Well where to start... well I'm a 27 years old guy, I've been depressed on and off for about 10 years now and especially this last year has been hard. Worst part is that I have no reason to feel this way, I got a good job, a family that loves me, if I had a wife and a kid or two I would be just like everyone else. But I don't want to put on a mask everyday and pretend that everything is fine when all I want to do is scream and cry.

I'm not usually one to ramble on, not even on the internet but I'm tired of keeping everything bottled up and was hoping that maybe here I could find someone that would understand.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Hi Roanoke,

Welcome to SF :)

I'm sorry to hear about your depression. I hope that you find that on SF you talk and vent to us. Feel free to say as much or as little as you like. Keeping things bottled up is not healthy, and hopefully, if you can release it, it might help.

Feel free to just straight in and post.

I look forward to seeing you around.

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!

You don't have to have a facade on when you are here. It's good to vent and rave about things.

Let us know what we can do to help.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey glad you reached out here as there is lots of supportive people here that can understand what you are going through. Just writing it out helps sometimes. Know there is someone to listen It is good to be able to come somewhere to just be yourself with no mask right. I hope you have a therapist as well for your depression because it can sometimes be helped with some medication as it is just an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. great to have you here.

5. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

welcome i hope we can support you.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the froum Roanoke. I hope you find the support you need. :hug:

7. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

With depression, it doesn't matter if there's a 'reason' to feel the way you do. You just do. It's an illness and none of it is your fault.

Don't worry about rambling, I do that all the time myself.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Roanoke!!!Vent all you want we will listen..No one judges you here,..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.