hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I'm not really sure how to start this...so here goes.

Life really, really sucks. I'm 27. I am unemployed (since Sept.), my only real life friend is my boyfriend. I am lonely all the damn time, but I have no idea how to reach out to people and make friends.

I am a pretty messed up person. I have depression with psychosis, anxiety disorder, mild ocd, an eating disorder, rheumatoid arthritis and I've been self harming since I was 11. I've attempted 4 times, been hospitalized twice and to be honest, life is worse now. I'm in debt and everyone thinks I'm crazy.

I can't afford to see a doc anymore and I will be out of meds in two weeks.

The only things keeping me going are my parents, my dogs and the fact that I can't think of a way to do it that will actually work and not land me back in inpatient.

thanks for listening to me whine.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hi glad you reached out for some support here. Talk with your doctor about not being able to afford medication sometimes they can prescribe something for you that will work and not so expensive. Your family love you and want you well so talk with them get help you need okay to get well It is possible with all these new medication and therapy out there. keep posting okay so people here can help

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Welcome to the forums!! Have you gone down to apply for public assistance?? Maybe get a doctor to give you a note saying you are unable to work because.....You can get medicaid to pay for your presciptions and doctors visits..Take Care!!

brokenandlonely

Welcome to SF, glad that you have come here for support! I want to share that I know how difficult it can be to be unemployed and also not have many people in real life there to spend time with or even for support. This is a great site to make friends and also reach out for any support that you might need. :hug: You can PM me if you have any questions or just want to talk.

hey again. thank you to everyone for your kind words.

I am trying to get things straightened out (doctor's appointments and such), because I know that in another week I will be a crying, paranoid, hallucinating mess and thus will not be capable of....anything, really.

I blame a lot of this on my (soon to be ex) shrink, who charged me $175 for a missed appointment and will not renew my prescriptions until I pay him and make another visit with him. I do not have $350 to pay him to talk to me for 15 minutes. And he knows this. I fucking hate him.

thanks for listening!

White_Darkness

First of all, welcome to the forum! Hope you'll like it here :)

Secondly.. Oh-em-geeeeee. $350? Really? That's like eight visits, and you can buy yourself a brand new macbook :O Freaking crazy. I understand what you're saying though, because I have the same problem. I'm pretty much on my own when it comes to money (as in - my parents are a-holes and don't give me any money even though they both know damn well I should be seeing a doctor + that I'm a full time college student..) so I don't have enough money to go see a doctor on a regular basis.

You should really try applying for some sort of financial aid, though. Seeing as you don't have a job and isn't capable of getting one atm. Maybe you should try finding another (better) psychiatrist? Who'll perhaps charge you less and prescribe the meds that you need.

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
hey again. thank you to everyone for your kind words.

I am trying to get things straightened out (doctor's appointments and such), because I know that in another week I will be a crying, paranoid, hallucinating mess and thus will not be capable of....anything, really.

I blame a lot of this on my (soon to be ex) shrink, who charged me $175 for a missed appointment and will not renew my prescriptions until I pay him and make another visit with him. I do not have $350 to pay him to talk to me for 15 minutes. And he knows this. I fucking hate him.

thanks for listening!
Maybe financial assistance with your meds is available. You may want to check with your local health department.

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad to see you are seeking other forms of support as finances are a problem currently. Contact your county health nurse and see what services and assistance may be available to you. Do you qualify for any disability insurance? I am not sure how severe your arthritis is. Just don't give up. You can get through this. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00