Hello... :)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ineedtohelpher, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My name is Sarah, my story... probably different to a lot of yours
    I'm not suicidal, never have been, I don't self harm, I don't have food issues, any mental health issues (Or anything else there is section for on this forum)

I registered... well cause I have a friend, who basically... is the opposite of me aha

We're close, very close, and I can't imagine what i'd do without her
    She is going through a bad time atm and I try spend as much time with her as possible, I hate the thought of her being down and on her own
    I think i'm doing good for her... I think, she says i'm the only reason she is still here... although that makes me feel so selfish...
    She self harms, not as bad as she used to as she moved away from it and was doing so well till a couple of months ago. We comfortablely talk about it and she doesn't feel she has to keep any cuts covered up when she is around me.

So I guess I joined to see if there is anything else I can do for her & because I admire her strength and she deserves the best, even though she has tried to kill herself previously... the important thing is she is still here.

I don't know why I posted this :')
    Hello & thanks for your time x

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I appreciate your willingness to help your friend. There will be ups and downs for both of you as time progresses. Please remember your friend can only be helped as far as she is willing to be helped and treatment is a step by step process that can take years.

Is she seeing a doctor? No one thing "solves" what plagues your friend. She needs to see a doctor, have therapy, and possibly take medication. Eating regularly and sleeping regularly are critical. Five or ten minutes of sunshine each day is very good too.

She may not be willing to do the above things and you can't force her. Encouragement is best.

She will be welcome here too. :hug:

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Sarah and how fortunate your friend is to have you...how old are you? this will determine what you can do and other resources that should be sought...in either case, it sounds like your friend should elicit the help of a counselor, therapist, etc. so that she can work out some of her issues...big hugs, J

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

It is good that your friend has a friend like you. I agree with the other respondents in seeing if she can get a therapist. It will help you both.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum Sarah. I hope we are able to help you understand a little better about your friends feelings and maybe helpp offer solutions for helping her. She is so lucky to have you on her friend. :hug:

6. Thankyou everyone :)

In reply;
    She isn't getting any help... she did briefly... but I dunno, i'm too paranoid she may find this as it is the first thing that comes up in google so I don't wanna post her life on here :') basically I don't think she is gonna go down that road again... maybe dunno I will keep trying to perswade her though :)

& we are both 17

7. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

if you feel that doing this may upset her then when it comes up in google hover over it till its highlighted in blue then hit delete,also if she checks u can also go to history at the top left hand of your screen and click on today then click on each thing you want to delete then delete it.this will erase any trace that youve been on this site if you fear she may react badly.im sure she wont go more technical than that.but I would urge you to talk to her about getting help.On the other side of things,if you think she is strong enough to handle you telling her,then please do so and let her know that she is very welcome here and we do not judge,most of us here are in the same sort of headspace-just due to different reasons.We welcome you both with open arms:arms:

8. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to SF I hope you find what you need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.