Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Alloloa, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alloloa

Alloloa Member

Well, hello.

It feels very strange to start going on this kind of forum again. I'm a 21 years old girl that lives in France, although I've lived abroad during 13 years.

I'm currently hospitalized in a psychiatric hospital (and it sucks), so maybe I'm not in the right place, since I'm supposed to get cured and everything but it doesn't help, I've been in this place for more than 3 months now and my suicidal problems are just overwhelming all the time.

So, sorry if I made a mistake by registering into this forum and for making you losing your time.

P.S : Excuse the grammars and spelling mistakes, but I've left the US 5 years ago, and France is not the best country to keep up with languages.
  2. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

Well, hi and :welcome: to the forum. I'm Sarah, and it's great that you're here. Hope you can find some of the support you need here. :)
  3. Alloloa

Alloloa Member

Thank you Sarah for your welcome!

I also hope it, although I know my suicidal feelings won't leave so easily.
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome!
  5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum...we're here for you...
  6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Welcome hun :D

If you ever need to talk or just WANT to talk for that matter pm me....

7. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Bienvenue :)
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

welcome to the forums!! Your english is just fine..We are glad you are here...Take care!!
  9. Alloloa

Alloloa Member

Ok, sorry if I haven't answered sooner, but I was in my psychiatric hospital, with no Internet. I was supposed to come back on Saturday, but I got a longer week-end authorization...
    I didn't expect such a warm welcome, it really makes me feel a little bit better.
    When I checked my emails, I saw only one answer, and then I clicked on the link and saw that there were many mores..
    Hum... Just to know, Domo, are you French (if it's the case, then I'm not the only foreigner) or did you learn how to speak french ?
    And, Stranger1, thanks for my English, I haven't practiced for a very long time (and English in France has nothing to do with my English classes in Houston), so I was afraid of mistakes...
    Painfulmemories3, thanks for the offer, I'll use it when I truly need it; I don't want you to waste your time for nothing....
    IV2010, thanks, that's nice to see that some people are here when I need it.
    Wildcherry, thank you very much for your welcoming message!

Thank you all,

10. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I just want you to know that talking to you, or to anyone, isn't a waste of time. So if you ever do want, or need, to talk, drop one of us a PM.
  11. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Alloloa - No i am not French. I am Australian.

Someone very dear to me is part French so i've been trying to pick up a few things :)
  12. Alloloa

Alloloa Member

Thanks, Wildcherry, but I tend to think that I'm a waste of space (I don't know if it's a typical English expression, but I know from Harry Potter, and I think it fits very accurately with my feelings), and that talking to me is wasting time. I have a very low self-esteem (as a matter of fact, I don't have any).

Domo, I'm disappointed; for a moment, I thought that I wasn't the only French person in this forum. It's a good idea to pick up a few things, but French is a very, very tough language. It's much more easier to learn English, your grammar is just so easy to learn...
    Even French native speakers never get the grammar completely all right... There are more exceptions than rules, so that makes it very hard to learn... Just to get the right sequence of tense with the auxiliary verb 'avoir' and then to get the right spelling for the adjective that accords to the verb is very tricky... Even though I've always had good grades in French class, I make mistakes with this auxiliary (if you want to know more, just look through the 'Bescherelle', something similar must exist in English).

Anyway, that's it for the 'French lesson', I thank you both for your replies :smile:
  13. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Well i am pretty sure there are a few French Canadians here. Plus there are people from all over the world so i wouldn't be suprised if there was another French person here.

Thank you for the mini French lessson :D

Also, no one is a waste of space...
  14. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hello glad you are here lots of caring people here so post away okay welcome
  15. Alloloa

Alloloa Member

Hello again!

I'm sorry to answer so late (to me it's 3:19 in the morning, but I'd rather go on this forum when my parents are asleep, they'd kill me if they found out), but better later than never... (It's a french proverb, I tried to translate it, but I think it sounds strange).

Domo : Well, I'd be glad if there was some French Canadians, or just some French, but on the same time it would be weird, posting on an English-speaking forum is like an addition to my anonymity (honestly, most French people who haven't left France can't possibly know how to write and read about such complex subjects; France sucks in matter of language teaching, it's a well-known fact, and I'm glad to have learned English in the US, since in 7th Grade I wasn't sure about the difference between 'his' and 'is'). As far as the waste of space, getting rid of this idea is going to be tough, since it has sinked deeply in my brain!

~violet~ : Thank you for your welcome, I'd already noticed that people were caring here, which is a good thing since it's not always the case.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.