Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Madam Mim, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Hello,

I'm new to this site, and am hoping it can help in some way. I'm 24 years old, and have suffered with depression for as long as I can remember, and have self-harmed and had suicidal feelings since I was 12 years old.

Recently this has reached a crisis point, and I now actually have the means to kill myself. The only reason I'm still here is because I have yet to work out the last few kinks in my plan, and I have promised my friend that I will finish my first year of university, which means I have to stick around until June.

I have been in counselling for seven months, but it's not helping, and I was recently stupid enough to tell him that I'm suicidal, which now means I have to keep going or he'll break confidentiality, as he will assume the worst if I don't turn up.

I literally have nothing to live for, no point to my existence. I don't want to die but I can see no alternative, because I simply cannot carry on like this and I have no intention of doing so. However, in the meantime, I have no-one to talk to, as no-one understands (except my one friend, but she doesn't want to talk about it, which I can understand I guess). So I suppose I'm just hoping for a little understanding from people who actually know how I'm feeling, and it would be nice to think I may be able to support people while I'm here.

Mim.

2. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

hey, i kinda understand where your coming from, im 20 and have been fighting depression since i can remember....im here if you wanna talk and im sure youll find someone to talk to and hel;p support you

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sorry your feeling this way there is always alternatives like calling crisis go to hospital get help depression is treatable now new meds out there even newer ones just being made always hope keep posting keep venting all good coping skills get rid of your plans and get help for your suicidal ideation okay

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Mim welcome to the forums!!

5. shazwackers

shazwackers Well-Known Member

Hey mim, welcome! I know where you are coming from, I've had bouts of depression all my life since I was a teenager, and it only subsided when I was put on meds.

I was so reluctant to take them, it took years of struggling without them but I wish I'd taken them sooner, so please consider it if you arent already on them.......take good care of yourself, shaz

6. DawsonJ

DawsonJ Well-Known Member

Hello, Mim. I hope you find the support you need here. Many have been able to keep enduring through support from others here on the site. I don't post much because I don't explain myself well, but reading others' experiences in life has definately shown me that none of us is truly alone in our feelings and life experiences. It's good that you've come here; venting anonymously can do wonders during hard times in life.
    -Daws

7. brokenandlonely

brokenandlonely Well-Known Member

Hey Mim, welcome to SF. This is a very helpful site and everyone here is really supportive of each other. If you have any questions or want to talk you can PM me. :hug:

8. Kya

Kya Member

Welcome madam mim:biggrin:

9. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much for your kind and welcoming words. It's so nice to find people who understand, and so good to hear some kind words for once. Thank you so much.

Mim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.