Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Opaque, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opaque

Opaque New Member

I'm here because I have no one else to talk to and I've reached the end of my rope. I'm 25 years old and I've battled severe depression for the better part of 12 years. I'm ready to give up...I'm so tired.

I don't even know where to begin explaining what is wrong with me. I put on a pleasant demeanor every day for work and for my husband. I'm an engineer. It's exhausting trying to function as a professional when you literally just want to die. Nobody even realizes there is anything wrong, they just think I am underperforming at work. My husband said he'll leave me soon if I don't figure out a way out of this depression. I can't blame him as he's tried to be supportive for 4 years and I've brought him down with me. I'm scared because I have no one else. I don't have any friends.

I don't fit in this world and I don't want to live amongst it anymore. I really don't have any more hope or care. My self esteem is non-existent and life is so much more trouble than it is worth. I can't even believe I'm writing this, but I desperately need help.
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum....
    this has been a great help to me and i hope you will find the support you need here as well..
    we understand how you feel .....
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi i am a professional too and know what it is like to wear a mask all day. I am too ashamed to go into hospital to get help. I do go to a psychologist who is vry kind understanding. Have you tried the newer medication out there now for hard to treat depression. there are new meds new therapy. I think you should call your doctor and ask about this. Your husband needs his own therapy as well to help him cope with a partner who has depression. You have reached out here and it does help to talk to someone who understands as i do. The only way i am still here is because i am getting therapy and i am on newer medication for depression Please continue to help yourself for your sake and your husbands okay call doctor call crisis and get help for you so you can continue on coping okay. I amsorry you are in so deep but the only way out of the tunnel the darkness is with help call and get it okay please you are so worth it
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome to SF!
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forum!! I hope you find the support you need by being here..There are alot of caring people here..
  6. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Is your depression being treated?
  7. shazwackers

shazwackers Well-Known Member

Hi there! I really hope you find some comfort from this forum like I have. I joined a few days ago and already I feel there are people who really understand and care........but please get professional help asap......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.