Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Help?, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Help?

Help? New Member

Hello, I'm new to this type of forum...I have just enough perseverance to try something like this for some kind of help..

I'm really just at the end of my rope. I hate my job, my love and social life, my family completely neglects me, I have no friends really at all anymore, I just got out of a relationship, I'm pretty sure I'm somewhat of an alcoholic... I don't really talk about my suicidal feelings or being depressed to anyone, especially my mom, who's done everything unintentionally within her power to completely screw up my head. I've always kind of been stuck to stew with my horrible feelings for the last ten years, by myself (I'm 21). I've been/lived in a mental hospital three times when I was younger. Didn't do much to really help me at all. I've taking all kinds if different meds, as many as 11 a day. Nothing. I have the world's worst luck, it's widely accepted with everyone I know, and the last three weeks have been the worst three weeks of my life.

I'm not sure what else to do...I mean I don't want to die really, I just want things to improve as effectively for me as if I were dead, luck and emotion-wise. I've worked really, really hard to try to be a good person to the people I know and love, even the ones who use and abuse me, but I'm literally to the point of going crazy. I lash out at everyone, I can't control my emotions or thoughts or anything..

So please, if anyone can tell me any legitimate ways to seek help without any more medication or anything generic (I've wasted years of my life pursuing these solutions), I'd really appreciate it. I don't know what else to do at this point, other than just die.

2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Hmmm I don't really know any other ways beside meds and therapy. Other than a kick in the ass... But seriously keep posting. Some people might be able to help.

3. ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost Member

You sound a whole lot like me but I have only ever been in the hospital once.

My mom was abusive to me growing up and now after the hospitalization and everything else that has recently happened I am back at home. She seems so happy go lucky and better and I think it helps her to see me fail.

She seems almost happy when people abuse or throw me away and says: "See? Everybody hates you"

And I am stuck here with nowhere to go.

She doesn't bother me too much right now unless I actually think into it. But I am slowly growing a list of people that I act nice to but secretly wish to kill. I would never kill somebody but at least I can admit it to myself..

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with Boo.. Therapy and meds are the only thing I can think of..How long were you on meds?? You know it takes six to eight weeks for them to really start working.. Then your pdoc will have to adjust from there or possibly change the meds..I have tried several different meds and eventually went back to the first one I was on.. He upped the dosage to the max and with the other meds I take I am fairly able to cope..Please talk with you pdoc and give the meds a try again..

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. Sorry you have been struggling for so long. I think therapy is an important factor in the healing process. The problem is there are no quick fixes. It all takes time and a great deal of hard work. Don't give up on yourself. You never know what tomorrow may bring. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.