Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by AlgebraCow, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlgebraCow

AlgebraCow Account Closed

Hey everybody, I just joined today. I'm not suicidal or majorly depressed. I am pretty content with life. My name is Chris, and I'm asian. I guess the only personal issue I can come up with is that I am actually gay, which is tough because I grew up in a very conservative family. If anybody in my family finds out, I'm pretty sure I would not be accepted/loved as I am now. My mom is already kind of sick. If she finds out, I would not be able to forgive myself if something happens to her. My father passed away when I was young, so I'm one of the few shining pieces in her life at the moment. I want her to be happy at least before she dies. Because of this, I've only let one person in my life know about my sexual orientation. I'm going to avoid dating and relationships until I graduate from college and get a job, but at the same time, deep down inside, I want someone who really knows who I am. I've had people wanting to be in a relationship with me, mostly girls from my college, but I've just always pretended I've never noticed or don't seem like I'm interested in a relationship. I just want to talk to people. I also really want to help other people as well with their problems. As I've said before, I'm not majorly depressed, I've been able to set my priorities right. I'm more concerned with academics and career than romance at this point. Nice to meet ya all, by the way! :mhmm:

2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

:welcome: to SF! i hope you can find the support you need here. And don't by shy to ask questions.

3. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

:hugtackles:

Welcome to SF!

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi welcome it must be so very hard really to keep your sexuality hidden Know there are others here that understand glad your here.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Chris!!

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.....

7. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.