Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by cymbele, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

My sn is cymbele and I think about death and killing myself a lot. I have recently been released from a MH facility but still harbor thoughts about suicide. I think I'm pass crisis point but still think about it a lot. Sometimes talking about it helps to reduce the feelings and that is what I hope to get out of this forum.

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Well welcome to SF Cymbele :)

A lot of us here think about suicide frequently. And at times we don't know why...:(

Hope to see ya around :)

3. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

hi cymbele. i'm new here too. talking about what you feel really helps a lot. so if you still have those thoughts, share them here first. a lot of people are willing to help you. :spidey:

4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

:hiya: Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the help and support you need here.

Take Care

Rich

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi Cymbele :) welcome!

I agree with you, it certainly does help to talk about it. Definitely lifts some of the weight off.
    I'm glad the MH facility helped a bit, how long was your stay?
    Keep talking to us :) A lot of us can relate to you, hugs!

6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:welcome: to SF :hug: if you need to talk about anything feel free to pm me

7. letmego3

letmego3 Just be yourself

Hi cymbele

Welcome to this forum, hope you get all the help and support here.

Love twinkle.

8. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Welcome to the SF family! :hug: My name is Nikki, and have an open ear for anyone who wants to share. Blessings..

9. UnkelHeit

UnkelHeit Well-Known Member

Hi Cymbele. I'm glad to hear you're past crisis for the moment. There's some great people around to talk to. I hope to see you around.

10. Azmodius

Azmodius Well-Known Member

Hey, and welcome. We're all here for mutual support, I hope you find this of help. If you need anything, just mention!

11. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Cymbelle and welcome to SF. Yes, talking about what is bother you will definitely help you cope with your suicidal feelings and eventually overcome them. :hug:

12. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I spent 4 useless days in the MH unit. I say useless because the drs seem to think I was depressed (which i was) and I had to fake that I was doing fine. For example in one case I lay on my bunk thinking of using a gun and how it would feel and then the doctor came by and i had to tell them that I was ok and didn't harbor any such thoughts.

One of the fustrating points is that want to keep me "safe" as if I have an outside threat. I am perfectly in control - maybe suicide is all about control anyway. I should probably read some threads. :)

13. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I hope we are able to give you that bit of extra support you need. :hug:

14. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

welcome to the forum hun , were here to give peer to peer support , lean on us and i hope that u can find some reliefe from ur feelings .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.