Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by cymbele, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

My sn is cymbele and I think about death and killing myself a lot. I have recently been released from a MH facility but still harbor thoughts about suicide. I think I'm pass crisis point but still think about it a lot. Sometimes talking about it helps to reduce the feelings and that is what I hope to get out of this forum.

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Well welcome to SF Cymbele :)

A lot of us here think about suicide frequently. And at times we don't know why...:(

Hope to see ya around :)

3. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

hi cymbele. i'm new here too. talking about what you feel really helps a lot. so if you still have those thoughts, share them here first. a lot of people are willing to help you. :spidey:

4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

:hiya: Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the help and support you need here.

Take Care

Rich

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Cymbele :) welcome!

I agree with you, it certainly does help to talk about it. Definitely lifts some of the weight off.
    I'm glad the MH facility helped a bit, how long was your stay?
    Keep talking to us :) A lot of us can relate to you, hugs!

6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:welcome: to SF :hug: if you need to talk about anything feel free to pm me

7. letmego3

letmego3 Well-Known Member

Hi cymbele

Welcome to this forum, hope you get all the help and support here.

Love twinkle.

8. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Welcome to the SF family! :hug: My name is Nikki, and have an open ear for anyone who wants to share. Blessings..

9. UnkelHeit

UnkelHeit Well-Known Member

Hi Cymbele. I'm glad to hear you're past crisis for the moment. There's some great people around to talk to. I hope to see you around.

10. Azmodius

Azmodius Well-Known Member

Hey, and welcome. We're all here for mutual support, I hope you find this of help. If you need anything, just mention!

11. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Cymbelle and welcome to SF. Yes, talking about what is bother you will definitely help you cope with your suicidal feelings and eventually overcome them. :hug:

12. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I spent 4 useless days in the MH unit. I say useless because the drs seem to think I was depressed (which i was) and I had to fake that I was doing fine. For example in one case I lay on my bunk thinking of using a gun and how it would feel and then the doctor came by and i had to tell them that I was ok and didn't harbor any such thoughts.

One of the fustrating points is that want to keep me "safe" as if I have an outside threat. I am perfectly in control - maybe suicide is all about control anyway. I should probably read some threads. :)

13. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I hope we are able to give you that bit of extra support you need. :hug:

14. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

welcome to the forum hun , were here to give peer to peer support , lean on us and i hope that u can find some reliefe from ur feelings .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.