Discussion in 'Welcome' started by purls, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purls

purls Member

I'm so tired of this pain. I am 38, and I have struggled against depression for my entire adult life. I honestly loathe myself, and the closer I look at me, the worse the picture. I feel that if I can't find a way to be okay with the bad that I've done and the meaningless nature of this life, there's not much reason to keep going. I've tried to wait until my parents are gone, but I really don't know if I have it in me to wait much longer. I guess I just want someone to talk to. I'd like to feel more human right now.
  2. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

Hi! Welcome.

This is a great place with lots of people to talk to.

I've been depressed my whole life (I'm 40) and I understand your struggle. Don't give up.

Keep coming and talking, you won't be alone here.
  3. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

hey and welcome to SF , alot of us feel the same way , i guess thats why we are here , i hope that u can find some support here and feel welcome ,
  4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

:hiya: Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the help and support you need here.

Take Care

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi purls and welcome to SF. I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering so much from depression and suicidal thoughts, but please don't give up hope. Life can appear meaningless at times, but there is always meaning and purpose, you just have to find it. Please don't give up. :hug:
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum purls. :shake:
  7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello. Welcome to SF! There is always hope you just have to open your mind and allow it into your life. It is not too late for you or anyone here. :hug: Hang in there for the possibility of having all that you have always wanted and deserve! Blessings..
  8. Soul of a Dragon

Soul of a Dragon Well-Known Member

When I was a kid and times were tough I found deep anger inside of me to get out of the shitty situation which carried me for years, then I broke down and was looking for purpose because nothing seemed to interest me. And now I am living on hope because I have a plan, but there are parts of it where I just don't know what will happen. So I live on hope.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.