Hello.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by SeperatedOne, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeperatedOne

SeperatedOne Active Member

I'm 15
    My older brother use to "touch" me
    I hate my body
    I burn instead of cut
    No one suspects a thing.

I could do with a friend right now.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...Your brother violated you and you were then and still are perfect...you did nothing to deserve that and it is not you that has the problem...I am so glad you posted, and yes, here there are lots of ppl who understand how this feels...have you spoken to anyone about this? Maybe there is an adult who can help you sort through all of this...it is a difficult issue and one which has the victim turning on him/herself...big hugs and welcome again, J

3. SeperatedOne

I'm tainted.
    No man will ever love me.
    He has ruined me, I hate myself.
    I hate what he has done to me.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

He is the one that is disturbed...and this is why you have to talk about it...again, you did NOTHING wrong, and anyone who would not love you because of this, you do not want...J

5. SeperatedOne

In my eyes I would never be the same again.
    If I ever told anyone, only God knows what he would do to me.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It is common for victims of abuse to have the same thoughts and feelings about themselves as you are voicing here. As was previously stated by sadeyes, you have done nothing to deserve this. You are not flawed. Your brother is the one at fault. You are not defined by what has happened to you. I am glad you have chosen to speak out about things and seek support. It is important that you let someone know that can help ensure your safety. Is there anyone in your life you would feel comfortable sharing with? A teacher, minister, counselor, friend, family member, friends parent, your parent? Please continue posting. We will support you in any way we can, but in the end, it is you that determines the end results. Please take care and stay safe. :hug:

7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello seperated one. I have to agree that this is an awful situation and I know it is a common one for children today. As if life wasn't hard enough right? But there is hope and for now you have two choices. One you can forgive your brother and yourself and wait for the moment later in life you both will be able to adress this issue and will get closure. OR you can confront him now and tell him that what he did wasn't right and he owes you an apology. You do not need to tell anyone else, but you do need to work this out, the sooner the better. You are not tainted friend and your brother is a imperfect human too. Kids do all kinds of dumb heartless things when they are young. Life is a learning experience and some make may bad choices before they understand what right and wrong truly is and why it is the way it is. I am not making any excuses for him, but I do hold hope that you both can forgive and forget and move on in life. If it were me personally I know I would feel as you do. If I knew Yahweh as I know him now I would pray to him for answers and I would seek them in his word. I would also trust he would help me in this situation. But I understand that you are only sixteen and this is a heavy confusing situation. Just know that you are never alone and you will make it through this. Stay strong, and stop punishing yourself. It is not nor will it ever be your fault. Blessings..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.