Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by JennSerene, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JennSerene

JennSerene New Member

Hi, I'm Jennifer, and I am a recovering addict.

I have been in recovery from my addiction for a year, and recently I had a relapse after 10 months of sobriety. Thankfully I am not a chemical addict but my emotional withdrawal practically is making me want to be. I discovered since my relapse that there is a huge level of pain that I had never felt before.
    I made an intelligent decision with doing something to make it extremely difficult for me to relapse again. Thank goodness, if I hadn't I would have lost my sobriety again last night. I have 18 days sober today.
    Because I couldnt lose my sobriety I have been becoming suicidal instead. The pain is to much. I can't escape through my addiction. I want to die.

I have never experienced this before, I never had to face these feelings. Being suicidal like this is an entirely new sensation. So I decided that I needed to find an additional source of support... so here I am.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

so glad you reached out for support here You are feeling again that all that is good really I hope your addiction coucillor works with you on those emotions as well Have you a therapist to help you with all that pain it would help you heal so much more Just want to say welcome okay and posting also helps to release some of that pain as well

3. DeepEmz

DeepEmz Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Welcome to SF, somebody is always here if you need to let your feelings out.
    :arms:

4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Jennifer.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi J and so glad you found us...when you feel comfortable, please tell us more so we can be there to support you...congrads on your 18 days and please forgive yourself for falling off the wagon...we all relaspe in one way or another...and you can feel proud you are now able to handle some of the emotions which brought on the addiction...that is real progress...big hugs and there for you, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.